Trying to refigure out subtitles settings I had

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
crimson30

Trying to refigure out subtitles settings I had

Post by crimson30 »

1. I had UMS on a CentOS server working fine (forced subtitles on everything) streaming to PS3.
2. Wiped server and reinstalled.
3. I can't seem to tweak the settings to get subtitles working on everything again (the way I had it).

When I select files from the #--TRANSCODE--# subfolder, subtitles play just fine... but I'd like to get it working without going to the #--TRANSCODE--# subfolder. I could've sworn I forced transcoding on everything to get it working without going to the subfolder.

May seem small, but I'd rather like to get it working the way I had it and I figure it's probably a simple .conf setting.
Attachments
debug.zip
(66.14 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
valib
Developer

Re: Trying to refigure out subtitles settings I had

Post by valib »

Please follow the Forum rules written in red above and send all files the UMS makes not only log.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@valib He's probably running headless so the GUI packaging isn't available.
crimson30

Post by crimson30 »

valib wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:03 am Please follow the Forum rules written in red above and send all files the UMS makes not only log.
Those instructions seem to be geared toward the GUI. What other files are there to look at for debugging?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

The GUI will also include your UMS.conf and the renderer configuration file(s) for the renderer(s) in use.
crimson30

Post by crimson30 »

Nadahar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:28 am The GUI will also include your UMS.conf and the renderer configuration file(s) for the renderer(s) in use.
Whats' the renderer config file named?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There are many, it depends on the renderer(s) used. They have a ".conf" extension and can be found inside a folder called "renderers" somewhere in the unpacked UMS files (I don't remember exactly where). You don't have to attach the renderer configuration if it's unchanged.
crimson30

Post by crimson30 »

Nadahar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 am There are many, it depends on the renderer(s) used. They have a ".conf" extension and can be found inside a folder called "renderers" somewhere in the unpacked UMS files (I don't remember exactly where). You don't have to attach the renderer configuration if it's unchanged.
I didn't mess with the renderer files. Here's UMS.conf.
Attachments
UMS.conf
(54.3 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@crimson30 Part of your issue come from that you didn't read our Wiki. Click on the green link into my signature and read it carefully.
You are using the default settings that disable subtitles for english, and that is your case.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Valib Subtitle type UNKNOWN is displayed instead of SubRip, but showed correctly while parsing the media.