FreeBSD Configuration

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
monty11ez

FreeBSD Configuration

Post by monty11ez »

I'm getting a few errors when trying to run in console mode.

Code: Select all

WARN  19:36:00.767 [main] Error loading libzen: Native library (com/sun/jna/freebsd-x86-64/libjnidispatch.so) not found in resource path ([file:/usr/home/monty/git/ums-7.5.0/update.jar, file:/usr/home/monty/git/ums-7.5.0/ums.jar])
INFO  19:36:00.767 [main] Loading MediaInfo library
ERROR 19:36:00.768 [main] Error loading MediaInfo library: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Native
INFO  19:36:00.769 [main] Make sure you have libmediainfo and libzen installed
Both of these are installed, but I don't know how to add them to the UMS search path.

Also it seems that it is still trying to use the included ffmpeg even though I am telling it to look in /usr/local/bin
Attachments
debug.log
(46.18 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
atamariya

Re: FreeBSD Configuration

Post by atamariya »

Though I can't guarantee it to work, you can try renaming the path com\sun\jna\linux-x86-64\ to com\sun\jna\freebsd-x86-64\ inside ums.jar. Use any zip utility to do that. Remember to keep a backup of ums.jar.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

There is a possible fix for this coming up, would you be interested in testing a preview version?
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

I am definitely interested in testing. I would like to submit an update for the extremely out of date port.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

I have tried building the project source and when I run:

mvn com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:resolve-external
I get this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.5:resolve-external (default-cli) on project ums: The parameters 'artifactItems' for goal com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.5:resolve-external are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.5:resolve-external (default-cli) on project ums: The parameters 'artifactItems' for goal com.savage7.maven.plugins:maven-external-dependency-plugin:0.5:resolve-external are missing or invalid
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Whatever instructions you have read, they are very old and outdated.

Instead, run

mvn external:install
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@monty11ez If you update the JNA library to 4.5.0 or above and fix the code accordingly you should be fine, as the 4.3.0 and the 4.4.0 are known to have libraries issues such as your.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

I was just trying to follow the BUILD.md.

mvn external:install
did build, but I'm not finding the files to run the program. Java development is not something I've ever done.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Ok - I assumed you had some instructions you were following. "mvn external:install" is a one-time operation to install some dependencies. The build itself is done with (for a Linux build)

mvn package -Plinux
There is no FreeBSD build profile, so "linux" is probably the closest. The other profiles are "windows", "osx-java7" and "osx-java8". This will build UMS into the "target" subfolder.

In there's you'll find several files. The tar.gz is with bundled Linux binaries, so it's probably not of much use, except to see how it can be packaged. The JAR file can be run directly though, with

java -jar target/UMS.jar
There are probably some problems specific to FreeBSD that must be resolved though. I don't think JNA will play ball for one, and I'm sure there are other issues.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

mvn package -Plinux 

Running package gives this error:

[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR]   JNATypesTest.testFixedCharArrayByReference:170 ? UnsatisfiedLink Native librar...
[ERROR]   JNATypesTest.testPointerArrayByReference:133 ? NoClassDefFound Could not initi...
[ERROR]   JNATypesTest.testStringByReference:55 ? NoClassDefFound Could not initialize c...
[ERROR]   JNATypesTest.testUTF16StringByReference:30 ? NoClassDefFound Could not initial...
[ERROR]   JNATypesTest.testWStringByReference:107 ? NoClassDefFound Could not initialize...