Format for disable_transcode_for_extensions = *

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
rb07

Format for disable_transcode_for_extensions = *

Post by rb07 »

Hi,

I'm running a headless UMS on my Synology NAS (dual core 64-bit Atom with 4 GB RAM), and I can't seem to make it not transcode to my Sony Bravia (which can play the files directly with no problem -- tested with Plex's DLNA), or my Android tablet (which also can direct play those files).

In my UMS.conf I have the line on the subject, but I'm not sure about the syntax, is it:

Code: Select all

disable_transcode_for_extensions = "*"
or w/o the quotes?

The first form seems to be accepted, the file's title is shown with "| AVC" appended (which is correct, its a h264 1080p video in a mkv container, with DTS audio, and subtitles -- all of those streams are played fine with the Plex DLNA server, but nothing plays with UMS while the log, and CPU, show that it is transcoding).

Using the second form, w/o quotes, does show the video, and audio, but no subtitles... and UMS is transcoding.

As a workaround I'm going to test ignoring the renderer configuration.
--
Edit: The workaround does allow playing a file with no transcoding on an Android tablet, but didn't work with the TV (UMS tries to run mencoder).