Having alot of noise while playing this file on ps3.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
billhc

Having alot of noise while playing this file on ps3.

Post by billhc »

I just download an mkv file and when i try to play it using my ps3 it plays with alot of noise. I play other mkv files using same config and it plays well. Can somebody help me to fix it?
Maybe its a problem with the audio type? so i should avoid to download things with aac format?

Code: Select all

// This one is working with noise
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'Inception.2010.720p.x264.mkv':
  Metadata:
    creation_time   : 2010-11-16 11:55:02
  Duration: 02:28:08.06, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1037 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1280x536, SAR 1:1 DAR 160:67, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      title           : Inception - YIFY
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp (default)
    Metadata:
    Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: subrip (default)
    Metadata:

// This one plays normaly
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'American.Horror.Story.S04E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv':
  Metadata:
    creation_time   : 2014-11-20 04:31:28
  Duration: 00:45:15.00, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 4423 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 384 kb/s (default)
ums_dbg.zip
(30.51 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Having alot of noise while playing this file on ps3.

Post by SubJunk »

It seems like that audio format is HE-AAC, whereas most videos use AAC-LC, and the version of MEncoder on your machine is around 3 years old. I recommend updating MPlayer/MEncoder to see if that fixes it :)
Also you could disable the option "Defer to MEncoder when transcoding subtitles" on the FFmpeg options page (or add ffmpeg_mencoder_subtitles = false to UMS.conf) to get it to choose FFmpeg instead of MEncoder.
billhc

Post by billhc »

Last version I found was this one mencoder 2:1.1+dfsg1-0ubuntu3. But it says that is already installed...

Well i found a guide to update everything. its this one https://www.vimp.com/en/web/faq-install ... -1404.html
You know if these ones are the newest ones? Now that I updated using the following link I cant watch anything. I'll try to re install UMS again... Done and it didnt work. But I turned of that "Defer to MEncoder when transcoding subtitles" and those videos that were playing before are working again, but it freezes all the time and since i disabled "Defer to MEncoder when transcoding subtitles" subs fonts get so fucking small :( idk why but when it start to play it plays with a good font size, then the fronts get pretty much small and the video start to freeze, then the font size get back to normal...

Tried to make my path back and UMS didnt work same as before... dude getting really pissed with linux :( wish i could understand what is going on with my OS :/
Attachments
ums_dbg(Defer to mencoder Disabled).zip
(772.56 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
ums_dbg(Defer to mencoder enabled).zip
(34.08 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah unfortunately this is a big problem for us with Linux - we depend on different engines being configured a certain way with certain dependencies in order to work, and those engines frequently break features we use which further complicates things. On Windows and OS X we are able to include the engines which eliminates the inconsistency - if there is a bug then everyone experiences it instead of just one person like on Linux.
Having said that, we do include a version of FFmpeg with UMS so it seems like a problem with that version.
The command we are using is this:

/home/fenrir/Downloads/ums-5.0.0/linux/ffmpeg -y -loglevel verbose -i /home/fenrir/Vídeos/Tv Show/video.mkv -filter_complex subtitles=/home/fenrir/Vídeos/Tv Show/video.srt:1280x720:WINDOWS-1252 -bufsize 833000 -maxrate 1000000 -g 25 -qmax 5 -qmin 2 -c:a copy -c:v mpeg2video -f vob output.mpeg
and the version of FFmpeg is the latest one from http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/32bit/

You can try finding a different source for static FFmpeg builds for Linux, and if you find a good one let us know because that source stopped compiling last year :)
billhc

Post by billhc »

Now that you spoke about u guys included a version of it in UMS i just findout that there is a folder called linux with what seems the codecs in there... is that right? So I downloaded the latest version for system 64bits and now is working greatly!!! Wonder if the codec that came with it was an codec for 32bits... so about the mencoder thing i should replace it the same way i did with the ffmpeg? I'll try it and i'll also look for someone who builds recent versions of ffmpeg for linux. thanks for your attention! close it if u want!

I think we can find the latest building version here? https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html atleast I downloaded too and test it and it worked... atleast for me.

Do you think I can watch fullHD movies on my ps3 using UMS? I'm using an i7 with 8gb ram and an gt 650m using wireless connection? what about wired? On windows maybe?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you please try this version and let me know if it works for you? http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/builds/ ... tic.tar.xz