Hiding directories

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
xabertheblade

Re: Hiding directories

Post by xabertheblade »

Discovered the issue was that there is a paramater in the UMS.sh in the "/etc/init.d/ums" that defines the profile directory as an absolute "/etc/ums" and overrides everything else before even executing the UMS.sh in the root of the install.

Once I changed this to point to my install at "/usr/ums" there was no problem. You can still define multiple profiles as you could before but you will need to chose the profile by setting the environment variable.

In Ubuntu, setting an environment variable can be done as thus:

Code: Select all

UMS_PROFILE=/absolute/directory/profile
export UMS_PROFILE
After setting the environment variable, you can check to make sure that it has been written in:

Code: Select all

printenv
These commands work for the bourne or bash based terminal, otherwise use 'set'

BTW, getting the profile to load correctly completely fixed all of my directory issues so considered this one solved, thanks everyone for the help :)
infidel
Developer

Re: Hiding directories

Post by infidel »

xabertheblade wrote:Discovered the issue was that there is a paramater in the UMS.sh in the "/etc/init.d/ums" that defines the profile directory as an absolute "/etc/ums" and overrides everything else
Thx :). I'd just like to point out that this issue has nothing to do with UMS itself but possibly(?) with following one of the unofficial tutorials advocating (unnecessary imo) root installation of UMS in linux. With a simple standalone installation (see INSTALL.txt or documentation/installation.html) you would have also avoided the issue.