There is no inputstream to return

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
grey_alien

There is no inputstream to return

Post by grey_alien »

Hello everybody,

UMS from 5.1.1 to 5.1.4 can't play files on my D7000 and on my ES8000. :oops:

I'm a Ubuntu Mate 15.04 64bit Linux user, I've tried also Kubuntu 15.04 and 14.10 but the error is the same. :shock: I've noticed in the log that "Process (...) ffmpeg64 has a return code of 139! Maybe an error occurred... check the log file". :?

With version 5.1.1 to 5.1.4, 40 films on 60 can't play, my TVs show "Not supported file" error screen and in the selection menu is not shown the size of the files that can't Play.
Example: File 1.mkv - Duration 1h.39m - Size 4.7Gb = Plays
File 2.mkv - Duration 2h.45m - Size 976Kb = TVs Show the error "Not supported files"

On the UMS Log it is written "There is no inputstream to return". I've attaced a TRACE LOG as requested in "Problem Reporting Guidelines" page.

When I switch from latest UMS version to the 5.1.0 version, TVs show properly the size and duration of the films that the newer version can't play, and the screening goes flawlessly. :!:

P.S.: Also, on my D7000 no embedded subtitles are shown, if I want forced subtitles I have to rip SRT files and place them in the same folder as the film... IDX+SUB placed in the same folder as the film causes the TV to crash. But, i suppose to create a specific thread for this issue...

Thank you all!!!
Attachments
ums_5.1.0 every film works.zip
Version 5.1.0, every film works
(19.47 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
ums_dbg.zip
Version 5.1.4, There is no inputstream to return
(28.9 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
snakebyte

Re: There is no inputstream to return

Post by snakebyte »

Hey there,

First of all I have to tell you I'm a Mac guy and don't know anything about the Linux system.
However seeing the header of your post I saw a familiar thing as this happened to me as well with the last Mac version of UMS.
The thing that solved this for me is making the name of the folder/file as short as possible.
This happened with me with files which had multiple ( ) , signs in the titles.
Getting rid of these signs and only keeping the title text solved the issue for the 139 error message.

I hope this will work for you as well.

Greetssssssssss Snakebyte.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi grey_alien, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I have made a new build for you which will tell me more about the issue, please run it and turn on TRACE mode logging as soon as the program starts:
http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-8d2521d.tgz
Then attach the logs like you did before.
grey_alien

Post by grey_alien »

Hi guys,

thanks for your support :)

As requested, here's the TRACE log made with 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT version.

As in the versions after the 5.1.0, some films are not shown and the TV shows the error "Not supported files".

Thank you!
Attachments
ums_dbg5.2.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
SNAPSHOT test
(142.7 KiB) Downloaded 617 times
grey_alien

Post by grey_alien »

I've even updated today to latest firmwares, but with newer versions of UMS I'm unable to play most videos...
grey_alien

Post by grey_alien »

I'm testing the 5.2.1 release, but the issue still remains. Here's the log!

P.S. I've tried to rename the files to shorten them, but the issue remains :(
Attachments
ums_dbg5.2.1.zip
(51.64 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
grey_alien

Post by grey_alien »

Even with the latest 5.2.2, some videos are not shown. I'm providing also a new TRACE log in attachment.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(44.12 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
erfnax

Post by erfnax »

Same problem here. This happens only when running UMS on Linux. Same release, same config running on Windows works.
Attaching my debug log.
Attachments
debug.zip
UMS debug
(18.5 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
friek

Post by friek »

I just ran into this same problem on Ubuntu 15.10 (x64) with UMS 5.2.2. tsMuxeR was complaining about no being able to find libfreetype.so.6. The issue was that it needed the 32 bit version of this (and other libraries). Installing the 32 bit gtk2 libs did the trick:

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386

Hope this helps!
randommodule

Post by randommodule »

friek wrote:I just ran into this same problem on Ubuntu 15.10 (x64) with UMS 5.2.2. tsMuxeR was complaining about no being able to find libfreetype.so.6. The issue was that it needed the 32 bit version of this (and other libraries). Installing the 32 bit gtk2 libs did the trick:

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386

Hope this helps!
I can confirm this, 32 bit version of Debian Stretch tackled this issue, then another one appeared:

Code: Select all

DEBUG 19:48:00.736 [ffmpeg-8] Reading pipe: /tmp/universalmediaserver/ffmpegvideo_36_1442944080429
DEBUG 19:48:00.745 [ffmpeg-8-2] Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
DEBUG 19:48:00.745 [ffmpeg-8-2] Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 70: non-double matrix element
DEBUG 19:48:00.745 [ffmpeg-8-2] Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line 78: saw unknown, expected number
DEBUG 19:48:00.748 [ffmpeg-8-2] Error configuring filters.
Every time a folder contained .srt files. Adding disable_subtitles = true to the config finally lets me play the files, but without subtitles.