wildcard ip address in config file

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Gimpy

wildcard ip address in config file

Post by Gimpy »

I got UMS up and running Ubuntu 15.10. But there are times that I have to reboot the system. When I start UMS I get an error message that port is already in use. No matter what port I change it to, I still get that error. I went into the router and opened the port, still same error message. So I started digging around and found that the IP address was not the IP address assigned by the router. So I changed the IP address in the config file and it works no matter what port is set. I would love to do static IP on my router, however, I have no idea how to set a static IP on tablets and phones. So my question is, can I set the IP address in the config file using a wildcard format like 192.168.0.*? Has anyone tried this or have another fix for this problem?
valib
Developer

Re: wildcard ip address in config file

Post by valib »

What about do not force IP address of the UMS server, leave it empty and let UMS to choose it? This is the default configuration. Using wildcard in the IP address is not possible.
Gimpy

Re: wildcard ip address in config file

Post by Gimpy »

Ok thanks, I'll do that. I guess I was getting too technical in setting it up.