UMS not working at all

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
cptgunther

UMS not working at all

Post by cptgunther »

Installed UMS on new server running CentOS6, no renderers are working. Debug log is below: Error I keep getting is 'External input stream instance is null... stopping process' Happens on any file and any renderer. And ideas on how to get it working would be welcome..
Attachments
debug.log
(566.51 KiB) Downloaded 1893 times
Nadahar

Re: UMS not working at all

Post by Nadahar »

There's additional software that must be installed on Linux, I don't remember all but you can find it here on the forum somewhere. What I see right away is that libzen and mediainfo is missing. On Centos I think you only need

Code: Select all

yum install MediaInfo
to install both. MediaInfo is needed to analyze files for codecs etc, so without it UMS won't know what to do with the files - that could be the whole problem. But, I think there's additional software that must be installed like MEncoder and more.
cptgunther

Post by cptgunther »

Mediainfo, libmediainfo, and libzen are all installed on the box
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

cptgunther wrote:Mediainfo, libmediainfo, and libzen are all installed on the box
Do you mean to say that they were all along or that they are now? Does the UMS user have permission to view and execute them?
tmk

Post by tmk »

Ensure the ums and config directories are 775; ensure debug is 777. Configure ffmpeg, mencoder, etc with explicit path to binary...
Server Platform: Linux Xubuntu 14.04 (LTS)
Renderer: Sony Bravia KDL-40W5100
cptgunther

Post by cptgunther »

mediainfo can be run by anyone, since it was installed through yum. I noticed that the libmediainfo and libzen are in the 64 bit libraries, could that be the problem?

EDIT: tried creating symbolic link from 64 bit libraries to 32 bit folder, and restarted, no help..
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm unsure of how 32/64 bit issues are on Linux. I have UMS installed on a Ubuntu and a Centos 7 installation though, both 64 bits, and I just installed it normally and it worked.

On Windows the JVM version is what matters. To run 64 bit programs, you need a 64 bit JVM. It could be the same on Linux, so you should check if your Java is 32 or 64 bits.
cptgunther

[SOLVED] Re: UMS not working at all

Post by cptgunther »

[SOLVED] Turns out the Java version I had installed was 32 bit. Installed 64 bit Java 7 and renderer is now working
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Great, thanks for letting us know that this solved it.
jps92

Post by jps92 »

hi,

I comfirme that UMS 6.0.0 does not work. Nothing takes place. I have Linux-Mint 32 (lmde). UMS 5.4.0 worked very well.