Error "There is no inputstream to return"

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ebdonato

Error "There is no inputstream to return"

Post by ebdonato »

HI,

I could not play any video on my TV. All my media files are correctly listed on the TV (render), include thumbnails, but when I try to play I always get the same error (at log tab on PC), please find below:
ERROR 15:41:46.244 [Hanging External Process Stopper] External input stream instance is null... stopping process
ERROR 15:41:46.244 [New I/O worker #3] There is no inputstream to return for The.Simpsons.S26E01.Clown.in.the.Dumps.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.DUAL-CS {External Subtitles}
What is wrong?

I am using a Xubuntu 14.04 with UMS 6.2.1.

Best regards, sorry bad English,

Eduardo Donato
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(68.4 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
ebdonato

Re: Error "There is no inputstream to return"

Post by ebdonato »

Guys,

For information, I disable subtitles and then worked.

How work with subtitle?
ebdonato

Post by ebdonato »

I solved the problem by myself.

I remove/delete the ffmpeg files from "ums<version>\linux folder" and then install ffmpeg at my computer. Works fine now. The files that came with the UMS return "segmentation fault" when transconding video with subtitle.

Code: Select all

$sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg 
For information, on my TV Sony Bravia 1080p videos appears to be stretched vertically. To fix that, I comment the OverrideFFmpegVideoFilter parameter at render config.

Wow! :D
ebdonato

Post by ebdonato »

Mark this topic as solved please.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi ebdonato, thanks for the feedback. I have fixed the OverrideFFmpegVideoFilter setting for your TV in the next version.
It looks like the version of FFmpeg we include for Linux doesn't load the font properly. We get our Linux builds from http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/, do you have any idea where to get better static builds?