Problem since 6.4.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Problem since 6.4.0

Post by SubJunk »

That's good news, we're making progress. Can you post logs after browsing to a folder with all of the AVI files in it? Then I can see what the difference is between the one that doesn't play, and the others.
boss

Post by boss »

Hi SubJunk,

I copied only the AVI files to a new directory and browsed that folder.
I also tried to play the problem file which is: The Mummy Resurrected (2014)
Log file is attached.

Cheers
Attachments
debug.zip
(20.28 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

boss

Post by boss »

Hi SubJunk,

That did fix the problem with the movie "The Mummy Resurrected (2014)".
I tested all the files again and there is one more file I am having a problem with. I also tested it with the version of LG-BP550.conf before the latest change and it also did not play correctly. I must have missed when checking all the files last time.

The problem file "Jonah Hex.avi" is acting a bit differently to "The Mummy Resurrected (2014)".
The file starts to play OK and then the video freezes straight away but the audio keeps playing fine. If I fast forward the movie that works ok but as soon as I press play the video freezes again and the audio plays OK.
If I go to the TRANSCODE folder and select [FFmpeg] (Audio MP3) it plays fine.

Like you asked last time, I copied all the AVI movies to a folder and browsed the folder and then played the movie (well sort of, it was frozen).

I have attached the log file if you have time to check it out.

Thanks for all your work with this.
Attachments
debug_log.zip
(32.72 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi boss, that file seems very similar to The Rose, does that one play okay?
boss

Post by boss »

Hi SubJunk,

The Rose plays perfectly. Fast forward reverse etc is also perfect with the rose.

With Jonah Hex, it plays for about half a second then freezes but the audio keeps playing fine.
If I fast forward, the video shows but just going faster. If I then press play, again it plays for about half a second then freezes but the audio plays fine.

Let me know if you need a log with both files playing.

I also tested a lot of FLV files and they are all playing fine now. Before about 30% would not play.

All in all it is working very nicely now and your modifications have made a huge difference.

Cheers
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi boss, can you please post the MediaInfo information for The Rose and Jonah Hex? It may tell us what the key difference between the files is.
boss

Post by boss »

Hi SubJunk,

Attached is a zip file with the output from MediaInfo for "The Rose" and "Jonah Hex".

Cheers
Attachments
MediaInfo.zip
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Gloriaivy

Post by Gloriaivy »

I've tested Universal Media Server and it works well with my Samsung Bluray player. My primary DLNA server is Serviio since it's faster for me but occasionally Serviio has a problem with a video file type and I then switch to Universal Media Server.
I've tried many of the DLNA media servers and the only ones I like are Universal Media Server and Serviio.