No UI in macOS Sierra

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
VorASD

No UI in macOS Sierra

Post by VorASD »

There is no UI whatsoever for the app. The icon is on the dock and the menu has only the about section. There is not menubar icon
I tried to reinstall several times and the follow the instructions in similar previous post but nothing worked.
I tried both the stable and the beta versions. :cry:

Any suggestions?
Thank you
Nadahar

Re: No UI in macOS Sierra

Post by Nadahar »

I'm running UMS on latest Sierra in one of my test VMs and have never seen this. I guess you should check that your Java installation is working properly.
VorASD

Post by VorASD »

Thank you for your reply. How can I check whether my Java installation is working properly?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I don't know much about macOS, but you could try another application, you could use the check on java.com (even though that requires Java to be enabled in your browser as well), you could verify that the output from "java -version" looks reasonable or you could try to reinstall Java. If none of that helps, I guess google can help you.
VorASD

Post by VorASD »

I checked the Java version at java.com and it says I have the latest version. "Congratulations! You have the recommended Java installed (Version 8 Update 144)."
I'm really clueless what to do know.
Is there any logs to look at? Any other suggestion? Thanks!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There is a log file, but I don't remember where it's located on macOS. My VM server (where I have access to macOS) is down for the time being, so I can't check either. I think I remember something like "Libraries/Content/UMS" or something similar, but I'm not sure. If you find the UMS folder, find the file called "debug.log" and attach it here.
charliebradbury

Post by charliebradbury »

same here, i updated java and nothing shows up after the logo
charliebradbury

Nadahar wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:56 pm There is a log file, but I don't remember where it's located on macOS. My VM server (where I have access to macOS) is down for the time being, so I can't check either. I think I remember something like "Libraries/Content/UMS" or something similar, but I'm not sure. If you find the UMS folder, find the file called "debug.log" and attach it here.

Edit: nevermind fixed, see menu icon bar, app launches minimized - and it does not change even with the alterations set in UMS.conf file. But whatever.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 10.15.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 10.15.22 PM.png (41.86 KiB) Viewed 11225 times
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 10.15.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 10.15.58 PM.png (182.77 KiB) Viewed 11225 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

As I've already said, I don't remember exactly and I haven't got a macOS VM available ATM. But, the code looks like this:

Code: Select all

SYSTEM_PROFILE_DIRECTORY = String.format(
	"%s/%s/%s",
	System.getProperty("user.home"),
	"/Library/Application Support",
	PROFILE_DIRECTORY_NAME
"PROFILE_DIRECTORY_NAME" is substituted with "UMS", so that means that the path should be:

System.getProperty("user.home")/Library/Application Support/UMS
charliebradbury

Nadahar wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:19 pm As I've already said, I don't remember exactly and I haven't got a macOS VM available ATM. But, the code looks like this:

SYSTEM_PROFILE_DIRECTORY = String.format(
	"%s/%s/%s",
	System.getProperty("user.home"),
	"/Library/Application Support",
	PROFILE_DIRECTORY_NAME
"PROFILE_DIRECTORY_NAME" is substituted with "UMS", so that means that the path should be:

System.getProperty("user.home")/Library/Application Support/UMS
I found it and I think OP was having a similar problem of not realizing the app is now automatically minimized in the status bar. It didn't used to do that, but I unchecked the option that would minimize it.