No subtitle with High Sierra

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
monsieurdagon

No subtitle with High Sierra

Post by monsieurdagon »

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem : I have been using PMS for some time with Sierra without any problem but since I switched for High Sierra the subs have disappeared. I have been trying to run UMS since but without any improvement on my PS3. Is there anything I could do to get my subs back without using my older Mac with Sierra on it ? Thanx for your help !
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(38.18 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
Sami32

Re: No subtitle with High Sierra

Post by Sami32 »

Hi,

I cannot see anything about subtitle into your log. Are you sure that you've played/transcoded some media with subtitle BEFORE creating your full trace log ?

What happen when you play them from the #-TRANSCODE-# folder while choosing [FFmpeg] and subs lines ?
Do selecting text based and picture based subititles, external and internal, make some of them appear ?

Do that happen to you only with PS3 ? or with your Yamaha renderer as well ?
monsieurdagon

Post by monsieurdagon »

Hi,

Here is a new log file in which I tried to play two mkv files with subs from my movie folder and from the transcode folder as you suggested. You can also find a screenshot of my UMS set-up (in French).
As for the Yamaha renderer, I haven't tried it yet (not sure about how to make it work though :))
Thanx for your help anyway !
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2017-12-07 à 19.34.06.png
Capture d’écran 2017-12-07 à 19.34.06.png (416.88 KiB) Viewed 6966 times
ums_dbg.zip
(271.84 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi,

I know nothing about macOS, but as your OS seem to use CoreText for font renderering, so that could be the source of your issue.

Try to do the following, and try again:
Go in the "Transcoding Settings" tab, select FFmpeg video engine on the left panel, and then select "Use font settings..."
After that, from the same panel, select "Common transcode settings" and then click on the "Subtitles settings" tab. From there, in "Specify TrueTypeFont" select the font you like and restart before a new test.

Hoping that helped you.
monsieurdagon

Post by monsieurdagon »

Well done Sami32, I just tried what you wrote and it seems to be working !
(I'll let you know it something goes wrong)
Thank you VERY MUCH for your quick response !!! :D :D :D