HD Audio Bitstreaming (DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, Atmos....

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ringding

HD Audio Bitstreaming (DTS-HD MA, TrueHD, Atmos....

Post by ringding »

So I love that for us "OLD" macbook" owners (im stuck on 10.6.8 !) That i see you make Java 6 builds....

I Was wondering why it seems that no media servers can bitstream say a 1080p DTS-HD x264 mkv.

My raspberry pi 2 can do lossless LCPM (with OSMC/Kodi) or they can pass the DTS Core....

Not even the Nvidia Shield Android TV, running Kodi, can passthrough as bitstream to my DENON.....(For now? they have open sourse ROMs and recovery roms and stuff but still...)

I was told the problem on the RBPi2 at least was the HDMI didn't have "the bandwith... But SW decoding on it WILL at least do PCM 8 channel, but iwant my receiver to use IT's "decs"...

If the SHIELD can pass 4K video on HDMI 2.0... there's STILL not "room" to passthrough HD audio and that baffels me. Seems it is the same using an XBOX One as a BluRay player??

Therse talk of a diffrernt HDMI cable (different CEC?) that ships with the Vero.... but lots of issues with it from what i read...Thing isn't cheap....

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209785&page=24

There ARE retail BluRay players out that will bitstream 8 channel lossless... but i'd perfer not to buy a component JUST to do bitstreaming (BluRay players can't install RETRO PIE and stuff, and a rbpi2 is just 35$

ho hum any ideas oor help explain the diffuculty of passthrough?? i would think that SW decooded pcm would be more bandwith, and harder on renderer's cpu/gpu...

thanks, ringding

Anyway. thanks for your efforts,

ringding