El Capitan and mencoder issue

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
_Adik_

El Capitan and mencoder issue

Post by _Adik_ »

Hi there,

Since upgrade to El Capitan I'm facing an issue that prevents me from using UMS. No matter which version I try,
stable or the latest one (6.0) it throws me the same error message:

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2015-12-08 21:05:05.562 [mencoder-9] Attaching thread: mencoder-9
DEBUG 2015-12-08 21:05:05.563 [mencoder-9] Unix process ID (/Applications/Universal Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/osx/mencoder): 866
INFO  2015-12-08 21:05:05.598 [mencoder-9] Process /Applications/Universal Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/osx/mencoder has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occurred... check the log file
The error appears only when I start to play a file, browsing my library works without any problems.
DEBUG log as well as my config enclosed.

Can anyone help me...?
Attachments
OSX_issue_mencoder.zip
(41.57 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
qpnudb

Re: El Capitan and mencoder issue

Post by qpnudb »

I am having the exact same problem.

I can still play the files through my ps3, but can't play them any more on the ps4. I did formerly have to convert them to "google tv" format using Smart Converter 2.

There is definitely some issue with mencoder. I've tried reinstalling all the codecs and final cut pro and all the odds and ends to try to get the encoder to work (not even sure if any of that would help).

But they still work on ps3. Weird, right? Have you made any headway?
qpnudb

Post by qpnudb »

I am including the .zip of the debug trace etc.

I have had the exact same issue. Perhaps of note: the files will all play on ps3. Perhaps also worth noting: on PS3 they play with subtitles. There are no subtitle files included in the folder with these media files.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(42.5 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
qpnudb

Post by qpnudb »

I found a solution to my issues.

I discovered the files I was having difficulty with were those that had embedded subtitles.

By selecting "Disable Subtitles" in general transcoding settings I was able to achieve playback.

I hope this also solves your issue.
_Adik_

Post by _Adik_ »

qpnudb wrote:I found a solution to my issues.

I discovered the files I was having difficulty with were those that had embedded subtitles.

By selecting "Disable Subtitles" in general transcoding settings I was able to achieve playback.

I hope this also solves your issue.
Thanks, will try this tomorrow however, this is not a fix - it is a workaround...
As english is not my native language, I prefer to watch english movies WITH subtitles...