No User Interface after start

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mschunki

No User Interface after start

Post by mschunki »

Hello all together, I just installed UMS 2.6 on my mac-mini, MAC OSX 10.8.3, first time the user interface was shown, everything is working. But when I tried to start the user interface a again, nothing happend.
Java Version is 1.6.0_43.

Does anybody know what to do ?

kind regards
Michael
Optimus_prime

Re: No User Interface after start

Post by Optimus_prime »

Michael,
Thanks for posting your issue, i will investigate this for you and get back to you shortly
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Ok, it look's as if when i exit with the cross at the upper left hand side, UMS doesn't shutdown correctly. Do you see the icon still the Dock? If you do go and click and exit (quit) it from there.
Other than that i can't see anything else, apart from the fact you need to use the "Quit" icon within UMS to correctly shut it down. If you could get me a log that may help to isolate the cause. I will attempt to isolate the cause from my side but the more info i have the better we can figure out the problem your seeing
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
mschunki

Post by mschunki »

Hello again,

yes, I see the Icon and the UMS is still running. Log, well were I found it ?

regards
Michael
mschunki

Post by mschunki »

Hi, now I had a look into the console log:

When I tried to start UMS the following message is shown
"JavaApplicationStub: Unrecognize Java VM Option ignored -jar"

nothing else !

Michael
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

How are you shutting UMS down. I'll look into the "JavaApplicationStub: Unrecognize Java VM Option ignored -jar" tonight, but i haven't been seeing any problems other than the shutdown one i had.
How Ask For Support
mschunki

Post by mschunki »

Hello, well I click on the icon in the dock on the bottom of my mac screen, then the application menu is shown, but only the menu, I click on the "Universal Media Server"-Menuitem and then on bottom exit. After this is done, the Icon in the dock removes.
I can start UMS again from program folder, but just the dock-icon and the menu is show, but no graphical user interface. At that time the java vm error of a unregcognize -jar comes up in the console log.
But UMS is running with my first made configuration, but I am not able to change anymore.
It seems that the GUI-process maybe died or something like that. Is that GUI-process a own unix java process or thread ?
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

mschunki, i'm not seeing the error your getting at all. I'm also running OS-X 10.8.3 with java 1.6.0_43. Strange as like i said the only problem i have is to do with the shutdown of UMS, and even then it's still running fine just without the GUI. Can you roll back to 2.5.2 and see if you still have the same problem. Here is the link for 2.5.2
How Ask For Support
Jeymz

Post by Jeymz »

Bit late to the party, but I have an idea:

Maybe you told UMS to start minimized? If so you can get the GUI back by right-clicking on the menu-item, I think.