LG cannot find UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
cascadian

LG cannot find UMS

Post by cascadian »

How do I get things working again?

UMS and my LG TV used to play along fine. Then I upgraded to Sierra and cannot get the TV to see UMS. UMS sees the TV, but the TV does not see UMS.

I am using the native LG "Photos and Videos" app. TV is "[LG] webOS TV OLED65B6P", and running software version 04.30.65.

UMS is 6.6.0.

I verified the TV and macbook can communicate in the first place by casting YouTube content to the YouTube app on the TV.
I verified DLNA works between the TV and macbook by setting up and using `minidlna`. I can stream using that, but would rather use UMS.

Logs are attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(21.29 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Nadahar

Re: LG cannot find UMS

Post by Nadahar »

It sounds like a firewall issue, try disabling your firewall and see if that makes a difference.
cascadian

Post by cascadian »

Nadahar wrote:It sounds like a firewall issue, try disabling your firewall and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks for taking a look.

The firewall was turned off during all my testing.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello cascadian,

you have a network issue, as you're not on the same submask that your TV (en0 / en8).
Just select the right network interface in the "General configuration" tab from the GUI and it should be fine