Memory Usage Overflow?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
silverdroid

Memory Usage Overflow?

Post by silverdroid »

I've noticed that while streaming a h.264 MKV, if the memory usage bar starts to exceed around 600 MB, the memory usage goes red and then I start getting stuttering playback on my PS3. Using OSX El Capitan, UMS 6.6.0. I don't notice any particular special errors in the logs, but my laptop does start to heat up and the only way to resolve the stuttering is to simply restart UMS. Any way to avoid this?
Sami32

Re: Memory Usage Overflow?

Post by Sami32 »

Log log log...

Please, play a H264 movie that's fine and one other that give you issue, and post your full trace log, as explained in the forum rules write in red above your post ;)

It look like an excessive computer resources use while transcoding.
silverdroid

Post by silverdroid »

Sami32 wrote:Log log log...

Please, play a H264 movie that's fine and one other that give you issue, and post your full trace log, as explained in the forum rules write in red above your post ;)

It look like an excessive computer resources use while transcoding.
It's not something that is file dependent, seems to be more time dependent. I'll try to capture the log the next time it happens.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You have to be running with trace logging when it happens for the log to be of any use to us.