3.0.0.b1 No videos showing at all

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: 3.0.0.b1 No videos showing at all

Post by SubJunk »

Gareee wrote:For some reason I never for an ebot about your reply. I'll grab that new version, and do a complete uninstall/reinstall.

EDIT:

I uninstalled a1 with control panel, and then went back to the folder to make sure it was empty. There were a ton of leftover files, so I cleared the folder out manually.

I installed back into the same location, and started UMS with the ps3 already on. It saw it fine, and somehow remembered my storage location settings. (Are preferences located elsewhere that I should have manually removed?)

At any rate, for the first time in months, I can run a current version! (the new linked version you provided) I ran a selection across the board of current and older video files in different formats, a disc image, a resume playback, some mp3s, and a few of the web videos. (For some reason, the onion ones do not play... I suspect there is a default setting somewhere that needs to be changed.)

Response seems faster than a1, and this is the first time I've seen resume play work at all! (I'm sure well be using that feature now. Thanks for that addition.)

I included the new log so you can compare it with the earlier one, and see what was acting up.

Question: When you uninstall, the install folder should pretty much be completely empty, correct?

Also, should I clear out my preferences, and where are they now located at? (Not having to read all my folder locations WAS nice though.)

As always, thanks for all the hard work on UMS!
gareee 11-02ums_dbg.zip
The uninstaller leaves behind files that were created after the installation, so things like caches, plugins, stuff like that isn't removed by it. However if you use the "Clean Install" option in the installer it will remove everything.
User preferences are saved in ProgramData, usually in C:\ProgramData\UMS\
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

After a week this appears to be working fine, with the exception of resumes not working.

Are they a wip, or should they have been working in this build?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Resume should be working in 3.1.0. It had a bug in 3.0.0-b1