3.0.0.b1 No videos showing at all

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
Gareee

3.0.0.b1 No videos showing at all

Post by Gareee »

Folders are showing up, but no avi or mkv files are showing up at all.

I just upgraded from 3.0.0.a1, which works fine.

I had tried 3.0.0.a5 and had the same issue. (I mentioned that on the FB page, but there was never a reply at all.)
(And I also tried a clean install of a5 to see if just updating was the issue, but that did not correct anything.)

I'm not sure a log would help, since I'm not triggering anything to error out at all.

Any recommendations?
DeFlanko

Re: 3.0.0.b1 No videos showing at all

Post by DeFlanko »

3.0.0-b1 is out now... Wanna give that one a shot?
See if it resolves the issue.
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

That's what I just installed today, per the topic, with the same issue. If I recall, I haven't been able to update to anything past a1. (usually I install a new version on release day)

I could completely unintelligible a1 and do a complete new install, but I tried that with the lastbeta, and that did not solve things at all.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

And you're downloading the latest from one of Subjunks posts right?

Can you post up your Debug logs in Trace, i'm willing to bet something might show us in those what the problem is :)
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Sorry, I as away on vacation for a few days. I'll reinstall it, and post the debug here so you guys can nail the problem down. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing it.

To preverence these results, 3.0.0-a1 works perfectly, and 3.0.0-a5 has similar (or the same) results as below.

Here's what I just saw:

Installed B1, and started the server
Turned on ps3, which was not auto detected
Searched for media servers on ps3, and none found
Restarted media server on the ps3, and it then showed up fine.

I searched some folders, and cannot see mkv files at all.
Some Avi files show up, but are unplayable.
Resume files also are unplayable.
Some folders returned a 2006 error message
Mp3 files also do not show up, and very large folders error out (with 2006 again, I believe)

Debug attached with my nick preceeding it.

Hope this helps!
Attachments
Gareee_ums_dbg.zip
(273.72 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
Last edited by Gareee on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We renamed a lot of settings between a1 and b1 so yeah a fresh uninstall/install is recommended
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

I just edited my previous reply, with the debug attached. Is this sufficient, or would you like me to uninstall, and do a completely fresh install?

(I had done this with a5 when it was released, and it did not correct the issues.)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah please do a completely fresh install then make a new set of debug logs since I think your config is causing at least one of the problems I can see.
I've also compiled the latest code for you to try instead of the latest release:
http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-b882623.exe
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

For some reason I never for an ebot about your reply. I'll grab that new version, and do a complete uninstall/reinstall.

EDIT:

I uninstalled a1 with control panel, and then went back to the folder to make sure it was empty. There were a ton of leftover files, so I cleared the folder out manually.

I installed back into the same location, and started UMS with the ps3 already on. It saw it fine, and somehow remembered my storage location settings. (Are preferences located elsewhere that I should have manually removed?)

At any rate, for the first time in months, I can run a current version! (the new linked version you provided) I ran a selection across the board of current and older video files in different formats, a disc image, a resume playback, some mp3s, and a few of the web videos. (For some reason, the onion ones do not play... I suspect there is a default setting somewhere that needs to be changed.)

Response seems faster than a1, and this is the first time I've seen resume play work at all! (I'm sure well be using that feature now. Thanks for that addition.)

I included the new log so you can compare it with the earlier one, and see what was acting up.

Question: When you uninstall, the install folder should pretty much be completely empty, correct?

Also, should I clear out my preferences, and where are they now located at? (Not having to read all my folder locations WAS nice though.)

As always, thanks for all the hard work on UMS!
gareee 11-02ums_dbg.zip
(395.64 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Oh! I forgot.. adding attachments appears to be busted in explorer. Worked fine in Chrome though.