UMS Built with Java 8

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
rnb5500

Re: UMS Built with Java 8

Post by rnb5500 »

Thanks for the Java 8 goodness :D
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

Optimus,

The next got me wondering:

When using the regular 3.6 build with mac OSX java 1.65 , every file starts up almost immediately and filescanning seems no problem.
However when watching files there is a continues glitch first in the picture which seems to pause while audio keeps running and then the audio stops and the picture continues running until the two catch up on each other and starts running like they should simultaniously again.
This happens about five to six time during a movie.
Then the 'funny' thing : When using the Java 7 or Java 8 builds the filescanning seem to take forever and it takes a long time before a file starts to play , weather it is a audio or video file and no mater if it is Flac/Mp3/Avi/Mkv/Mp4 it is all the same.
Now however , every file when it starts it keeps on running smoothly like you want it to be until the end.

I really don't know what the differences between the builds can be and if this is a Java or UMS related thing , but is it an option for one of the great developers working on this project to try and sort this out so there can be one perfect UMS to use ?

As for now I stick with the latest Java 8 build and the long loading times as I prefer this to watching or listening with glitches.

My system :
Apple Imac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 with 12 GB ram. and gigabyte ethernet connection between the mac and Ps3.

Thanks for using your time to work on such a great an appreciated project.

Snakebyte
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

I build these releases straight out of the master. The Java 6 builds need to be changed to take out anything thats optimized for java 7. I will start taking note of whats going on between the versions, what version of OS-X are you on and is it possible for you to post a Debug log on TRACE for Java 6, 7 and 8 so i can compare them with my own. Strange that this is happening but i'm glad to help sort it out, if i can
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Latest is up on sourceforge
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum