[Solved] UMS Builder From Source

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
counsil

[Solved] UMS Builder From Source

Post by counsil »

I have uploaded a zip file that has all it takes to build UMS from the current source.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/0Wu6eTf7/UMS ... ilder.html

I have tested it, and it seems to work. I mimicked the version floating around the PMS forums. I don't take any responsibilities for any bad builds. I would call them Alpha builds at best. Until SubJunk releases an official build, these builds shouldn't be considered stable (although they usually are based on my previous experience).

@SubJunk... Feel free to add it to the "Downloads" section on Google if you wish. Or delete this post if you'd rather folks not build their own versions. Even better... feel free to look over contents in the zip file to verify I am building UMS correctly. Make any corrections you deem necessary. 8-)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMS Builder From Source

Post by SubJunk »

Nice work, counsil :)
It should be compiled with JRE 1.6 instead of 1.7, other than that it looks good :)
counsil

Post by counsil »

I thought you changed over to 1.7, but I see in the other forum that they requested you back it down to 1.6 for compatibility reasons. Doesn't all platforms now support 1.7 now? I know Oracle just recently put out a version of 1.7 for Mac OSX.

I'll keep mine at 1.7 because I run UMS on Windows. Plus, I've never run into problems compiling with it. Others can feel free to us 1.6.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

To get full use of 1.7 you will need to change some of the compilation code too, since even when using 1.7 it builds by 1.6 standards. You can change that instruction in the code, if I remember right it's in pom now :)
sjpirri

Post by sjpirri »

Thanks takes the pain out of compiling it on windows i got linux down though. Any chance for a mirror i don't want to sign up for that.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Here's an updated version. Credit to counsil for the original upload :)
This version uses the correct version of Java and builds for Windows and Linux.
DriewMorit

Post by DriewMorit »

The developers have cycled to the next version number for the next release. Can't see any differences myself. It's working fine on my end, or i wouldn't have posted it. :D
Last edited by Optimus_prime on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed advertising link
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

I installed UMSBuilder 1.5 and everything worked well except on final steps. \Code\target\archive-tmp\fileSetFormatter.2139456297.tmp\DummyInput.ass.1574501521.formatted was flagged by McAfee antivirus as Exploit-VLC.b trojan
Does anyone encountered the same? Thx, Wolf
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Wolfgan -- add all directories that UMS occupies (UMS Builder and UMS installer) to your exclusion list.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

DeFlanko wrote:Wolfgan -- add all directories that UMS occupies (UMS Builder and UMS installer) to your exclusion list.
Thx DeFlanko. Yes, I know how to make the warning go away, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone and it isnt a real threat :-)
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )