New Watched Thumbnail Feature

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
Madoka

New Watched Thumbnail Feature

Post by Madoka »

Since this is a beta I really don't expect support, but here goes nothing.

I was trying out the latest nightly as I wanted to try out the new FFmpeg, but I can't seem to get the "Watched" thumbnail feature to work. The thumbnails don't change. Do I need some special combination of settings? Or add a setting to the config file?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: New Watched Thumbnail Feature

Post by SubJunk »

Logs would be useful, and make sure you're using the latest one since I did a further commit for that yesterday :)
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I was hoping it was a quick fix like a new config setting.

I'm running the build at commit 655369314. I first played a short music video ([youshikibi.com] Leo Ieiri - Kimi ga Kureta Natsu (1280x720 h264 AAC) [a82f3deb].mp4) to the end without pausing or stopping or anything. The thumbnail stayed the same even after the exited the folder and went back in.

The second file (Furuhata Ninzaburo ep_05.avi)is a bonus for you. :D It will not play (unsupported data error) no matter what I try, FFmepg or MEncoder, different settings.
ums_dbg.zip
(84.11 KiB) Downloaded 730 times
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I just noticed a new small bug.

Under FFmpeg, if "use tsmuxer" is checked, it only works from the beginning of the file without rewinding, etc. RW or FF will result in the AV sync going out. Last time I remember it working was before the switch to the 64 bit version of FFmpeg.
ums_dbg.zip
(24.24 KiB) Downloaded 735 times