Testing UMS Built with JRE 7

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
Optimus_prime

Re: Testing UMS 2.4.2 Built with JRE 7

Post by Optimus_prime »

i've been meaning to have a look at it. I will have a look at it over the next few week's if i get a chance.
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Yeah, Infidel is a really cool guy. He's done a lot of good stuff with it. Most of the video plugins function perfectly with it now. Just make sure to grab XBMC as well and install some plugins on it first.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

cheer's for the advice :D
i'll check it out
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Great to see beta builds, I really encourage it.
Just a quick note here, if you build UMS with JDK 7, it is still building with JDK 6, this is because there are instructions in the UMS code that tell JDK 7 to build to the JDK 6 standard.
You can do builds that are actually using JDK 7 by editing the relevant parts of the code (I think they are in pom.xml)
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

@SubJunk

So you're saying even tho he used JDK7 his build isn't using it because he didn't edit the code to compile it properly with JDK7?

I'd love to see more beta builds posted if O.Prime or someone else is willing to regularly post nightlies (or however often the source code gets updated). :)
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

give me a few hours and i'll modify the files and re-release.
I don't know why i didn't ask you first subjunk, i knew that there would be something i'd forget.

As for nightly builds you could always build them yourself, thats what i've been doing for a while.
How Ask For Support
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Yeah, I'm glad I asked you because I wanna try it with a JDK7 build to see if i notice any difference. I'll grab your next release once you've got it finished. What are you compiling with..Linux? If so I can just boot up Linux Mint from my USB stick and do the builds from that.

I'm compiled a few builds of PSME v2 with Linux and found it to be relatively easy. I got no clue how to compile it in Windows.
黒影
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Ok so the files are up on sourceforge. I modified the pom.xml so i'm sure (here's hoping) that it's now compiled for JRE7.

Working ok for me anyway, so i'll keep testing and posting new beta builds as i get the time. I'm not much for coding (but i'm learning) but i also like to be on the bleeding edge of the builds.
How Ask For Support
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Okay, I'll grab it and test it out. Would be awesome if you could do that since I've got no clue on how to compile UMS. If you could clue me in as to where the instructions are and what you're using to compile them I wouldn't mind helping out with the test builds.
黒影
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

I compile in windows, and it's simple.
Get JRE 7 32bit and i also have 64bit installed but thats for another project.
Download UMSBuilder-1.2 (it's on google code or sourceforge)
then it's simple as running "Build" within the extracted folder of UMSBuilder-1.2. That will grab the source code from git and compile and build UMS. It should grab the latest version from the UMS Git Repository.
Make sure you modify the build batch file to point to the JRE7 folder(not that it has too as subjunk said it will use the version located in the pom.xml file). You will also need to build at least once so you can get a copy of the pom.xml file.
I've included the one i've modified so it should help you.

Any questions feel free to ask. I'm only new at doing this stuff as well but i want to help as much as possible :D
Attachments
pom.xml
(55.22 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
How Ask For Support