[Suggestion] Embedded Web Server

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
DeFlanko

[Suggestion] Embedded Web Server

Post by DeFlanko »

My server can be reached form the outside world http://deflanko.dyndns.tv:1337/ (port fwd goes to my local server ip and 1337 is for UMS...)

But as you can see its a blank page.

Would be nice to see a website package for accessing my hosted videos to just click and stream.

is it Possible?

DeFlanko
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Embedded Web Server

Post by SharkHunter »

If you take a look at the old SHB it had a remote interface for accessing media from the outside world. We are looking on a web interface but there are currently some problems with the video playback
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Hey SharkHunter,

I'm seeing a lot of these new type Media servers pop up using the JW Player. (a lot are using a subscription base... kinda shitty...)

I tried getting it running on my IIS server here seams pretty easy... but like you im have an issue getting it to stream right...

DeFlanko

http://www.longtailvideo.com/jw-player/learn-more/
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

also this gives me a warm fuzzy...

Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.72 Safari/537.36
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Also this member has done something amazing!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=976
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

umm... i LOVE this idea... are you guys using a JBOSS to do this?

http://<your UMS IP:PORT>/console/home/
sokolum

Post by sokolum »

(search for remote access to my media solution)

Also experienced the same issue here, blank page. Created for future implementations for a web server?

Well, to be honest, i hoped to see a web fronted where i can login (with defined users) to remote access my content and view it on: Laptop / Android or iPad. But then again i guess this isn't the purpose why this software exists or... Will it evolve?

Not to bash this development (looks great), for iOS (pity only iOS) solution there is (Server = free, App = paid) absolutely 1 wonderful Server/App combination:

(i have nothing to do with this development, only appreciating it, I don't either look a need for this solution into UMS right now)

http://www.inmethod.com/airvideohd/index.html

Tried PLEX, i don't like the combination of a Home Server / Cloud Solution. All should be running on a Home Server.
Tried Serviio Web/Streaming, it's a paid version though (can try for 15 days), but that's ok. But it's still very very very premature solution.
Tried Subsonic, although it was only focused on Audio, They added a Video streaming solution.
Having XBMC, true mediacenter solution, but there is not remote access to my media solution.
Having Air Video HD, for iOS unbeatable wonderful awesome solution, but iOS only.... (server for free, paid per App).

Trying now: UMS. WIll update soon my experience.
DeFlanko

Re: [Suggestion] Embedded Web Server

Post by DeFlanko »

Suggestion to site layout because its really nice, clean, and simple - Don't know if it can be replicated...

But the way that CNN has their live stream setup is simple (i appologise for the large image)
Large Screenshot