Enable 3D mode on TV

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
gunnahafta

Enable 3D mode on TV

Post by gunnahafta »

I wondered how it might be possible to send a command to the instruct the TV to go into 3D if your are serving a SBS video. The PS3 automatically turns it on when i put in a 3D bluray so there must be a command of some kind that does it. Maybe you could mark a folder in the media server as contins SBS content and somehow send a command through to PS3 media player to turn on the 3D. Probably not possible but would be a brilliant feature.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Enable 3D mode on TV

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah that would be really cool. I don't know if it's possible though.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

SubJunk wrote:Yeah that would be really cool. I don't know if it's possible though.

this?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/j2s ... vas3D.html

or...

http://www.java.net/node/692577

hope these help... casue i would love to see the UMS become Blu-ray 3d ready... i mean this Java tech is in most players now.. sooo.. there has to be api code for it some where..
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Also did some digging around and found that the MK3D file format...

maybe look into constructing MKV's into that format.... the question is.. is UMS ready for MK3d?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi DeFlanko, I watch 3D content via UMS all the time so there is no need to implement new stuff or file support, the only thing is that with UMS you need to put your TV into 3D mode manually. With my TV there's just a button on the remote so it's not a big deal.
As far as I know, it's not possible to tell the TV to do it automatically.