Renderer config wizard

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
mik_s

Renderer config wizard

Post by mik_s »

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have some sort of configuration wizard for setting up UMS with players that are new or where the current config fails.
When starting the wizard it would scan the network looking for devices and analyse the results to let the user select the right device to have the renderer recognition set automatically.

For figuring out what formats that player supports you could have a sample library of files in each format, have that as the only shared folder and have the user play each file, each time the wizard will ask if it worked (something like Yes, No, Video only, Audio only) and use that to fill out the supported formats (Video, Audio, Image and subs)

I guess this would either be a stand alone program or possibly have the sample library as a separate download as file sizes could add up even if only short clips and most likely only used once. something like this https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples I guess.

and basically just go though all the rest of the options available in the config and letting the user select what works and for advanced settings have them available but in a more user friendly way without the need to finding the files and editing them by hand.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.