Speed up FFMpeg Font Cache checking.

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
spkbr

Re: Speed up FFMpeg Font Cache checking.

Post by spkbr »

SubJunk wrote:I restarted my computer and still couldn't reproduce it :(
Same here, changing the log level that first time did fix it for me. even after a reboot the delay doesn't happen anymore.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I don't see how changing that would change things, it was probably a coincidence unless there's something I'm not understanding. The command that we issue to FFmpeg is the same regardless of our log level in this case
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

like i said the only way i can reproduce the long load is by a PC restart. Once that happens if i hard change my log level to TRACE like how you showed me then i can capture the long load event in FFMPEG.

Once that happens and change it back to debug it short loads and won't long load again until i reboot the pc.
DXN3585

Post by DXN3585 »

Mine took minutes as well to do the font cache. But then I did something and it hasn't done it since. I believe what I did was opened up UMS with admin privileges to install some plugins. Then after that It stopped. You can try that. Open UMS with Admin privileges.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

I saw a bunch of work went into v3.4.0 to speed up font cache creation for ffmpeg and mplayer, thx a lot. But can we tweak it a little further for those of us with low power server (always serving, never video transcoding) folks, and just skip that phase if Disable Subtitles is checked on the Transcoding Settings tab?
Thanks, Wolf
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

thats not a bad idea, when you check and uncheck that box it should toggle the build of the FontCashe, or clear from memory on uncheck. Are there startup dependencies subjunk?