Fastforward - Rewind for Xbox360

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
Skylion

Fastforward - Rewind for Xbox360

Post by Skylion »

I noticed the Xbox360 has rewind and fast forward capabilities. I did some research and found that some other clients allow for this fastforward rewind function work. Since this is now a universal media player and the Xbox is now officially supported, I was wondering if someone could look into the issue in their spare time as I lack the advanced coding skills required in such a matter. Just an idea.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Fastforward - Rewind for Xbox360

Post by SubJunk »

Will definitely look into it, thanks for the suggestion :)
cmonster

Post by cmonster »

This is a great suggestion but the function actually works on the XBox but with a caveat. It works with only certain encodings. I usually play AVIs bun sometimes FFW/RWD works and other times it doesn't depending on the coding.
Skylion

Post by Skylion »

cmonster wrote:This is a great suggestion but the function actually works on the XBox but with a caveat. It works with only certain encodings. I usually play AVIs bun sometimes FFW/RWD works and other times it doesn't depending on the coding.
Let's get rid of the caveat then. Last time I checked USMS can transcode :-). Fastforward rewind support would be awesome.
tonks4ever

Post by tonks4ever »

+1 ;)
erea

Post by erea »

Has there been any progress on this feature?
wired

Post by wired »

Stirring up an old thread.

Has any progress been made on this feature. I am playing MKVs on an XBOX 360 (which is awesome) but fast forward or rewind causes erratic behavior if it works at all.

Any information on this would be great.