a delete option

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
industrai

a delete option

Post by industrai »

I would really like it if I could delete files after I've seen them. DVRs do this, and it really helps keep your library clean. Maybe in the #transcode folder you could add a "delete" option, which would trigger a simple delete script for the file in question. Perhaps the delete option could work at the folder level as well, which would delete the entire folder.

Thanks for all your development, I really appreciate it.
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: a delete option

Post by SharkHunter »

This is a long old debate I think. The thing is easy to add (Channels can do this on Furk for example), but there are some security implications. I've got a feature that would help you cooking doing the other thing around, that is keeping track on which files are new. Once you looked at the file it will be removed from the new file list (but it stays on the disc). Would this be to awkard for you?
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
industrai

Post by industrai »

Delete could be disabled initially for the people worried about security. If that is not possible, then the "NEW" feature is the next best thing in my opinion. I wonder what other people would prefer?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

industrai wrote:Delete could be disabled initially for the people worried about security. If that is not possible, then the "NEW" feature is the next best thing in my opinion. I wonder what other people would prefer?
We are working on a feature that marks videos as being viewed and hides them. It is working but needs some polish before it's added
industrai

Post by industrai »

The problem with hiding viewed videos is that there are some videos, that my kids want to watch over and over again. How do you differentiate between what you should hide and what you should not?
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

industrai wrote:The problem with hiding viewed videos is that there are some videos, that my kids want to watch over and over again. How do you differentiate between what you should hide and what you should not?
You'll get a new folder called "New media" which is a "Virtual" folder thus the media are placed somewhere else on the disc but shows up on the New Media UNTIL it's played. Then it's removed from the "New" list. The media is still found on it's real place on the disc...
industrai

Post by industrai »

Ah, cool. Thanks.
MetalHead-666

Post by MetalHead-666 »

SubJunk wrote:
industrai wrote:Delete could be disabled initially for the people worried about security. If that is not possible, then the "NEW" feature is the next best thing in my opinion. I wonder what other people would prefer?
We are working on a feature that marks videos as being viewed and hides them. It is working but needs some polish before it's added
Will there be an option somewhere or button to clear all hidden (view) files or make an option to clean them, purge after xx days
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

MetalHead-666 wrote:
SubJunk wrote:
Will there be an option somewhere or button to clear all hidden (view) files or make an option to clean them, purge after xx days
This feature is taken from Channels (which works on web streams) and there I added a "Clear" button which makes teh files "old". So yes some sort of "oldify" option will exist (it's currently not added though...)