Request ffdshow (video/audio) as an actual Video File Engine

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
simplepinoi177

Request ffdshow (video/audio) as an actual Video File Engine

Post by simplepinoi177 »

A couple of versions ago, it seems that AviSynth/MEncoder stopped playing/supporting ffdshow video. It plays the Haali Media Splitter and sometimes the ffdshow audio (blue box), but it no longer uses the ffdshow video filter.
I am a complete novice and do not know how difficult or not difficult it is to do this, but I would like to suggest a feature to directly have ffdshow and haali media splitter as an actual engine (if possible). It seems to me that the reason 99% of videos can successfully play on my computer is because I use MPC and all of the CCCP filters and I think it would be nice/more successful to be able to directly use it as an option like we can with MEncoder or AviSynth/MEncoder or even TSMuxer.
I am not sure if this is pertinent, but I am using UMS 2.2.0 on a Microsoft Windows 7 Pro x64 with CCCP installed being played on a PS3 (latest firmware). I have AviSynth running correctly (according to the logs & thank you for including the packaged file in the installation) with VSFilter.dll in the plugin folder.
Again, I am a complete novice and may be blowing all of this out of my $%#. If so, please forgive and forget my ignorance.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Request ffdshow (video/audio) as an actual Video File En

Post by SubJunk »

Hi :) You can make AviSynth use ffdshow by choosing it in your codec pack settings; AviSynth doesn't choose which input filter to use, so the change must have happened with your codec pack
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

How can you make Avisynth use FFDShow if you're not using a codec pack like Sharks, K-Lite, CCCP (I like to manually install my codecs)?
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I don't know, I use K-Lite
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

I don't really mess around with Avisynth. I was just curious how if I decided to. I saw your guide on setting up Avisynth to support 60FPS and was thinking about giving it a go.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------