renderer file for Bravia's

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
squadjot

renderer file for Bravia's

Post by squadjot »

Should the Apect Ratio fix (mencoder -vf expand) not be applied the Bravia Configs as default? (and other devices that will scale/squeeze content)
ExSport

Re: renderer file for Bravia's

Post by ExSport »

Show squeezed picture and your debug.log when it happened.
What I know "forced" EXPAND is used only in Panasonic.conf and maybe when AR is incorrect? Then we need to see your log and screen what you exactly mean.
For now in UMS code there is "expand" ignored only for DVD where it corrupts picture (what I remember)...
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

I think you know exactly what i mean.
If i tell you, that anything that is not 14:9 or 16:9 or 4:3 , get squeezed/scaled on the telli.. and that if i add the solution YOU suggested, then it all works correct. ( hence why i thought you knew what i meant )

You can't take my word for that? :P or even the sony spec without seeing pictures? 8-)

Edit: yeayea i'll make the damn pictures :D<3
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I want to see it, as I already asked in another post:

Code: Select all

extensive black borders on top and bottom and a stretched screen image in the middle
I spotted one squeezed picture but it was that on left side it added black bar in size of 50% of picture so only 50% of video was visible and rest was cut.
But it was with DVD only (and fixed by applied fix I posted) so I can see what exactly you mean 8-)
And I ask because when expand is used as on PanTV:

Code: Select all

CustomMencoderOptions=-vf softskip,expand=::::1:16\/9:4
then I never saw squeezed picture. MEncoder all the time calculated correct top/bottom black bars and added them ONLY when needed.
I never saw any side effects, except mentioned DVD where black bars are never cut so there is no need to add them as we should with AVI,MKV etc...
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

I did some tests on the the TV.
Only with -vf expand=::::1:16/9 i can play formats like 720x1280, or 640x640.
The only thing, a seperate issue, is that a few pixels is cut off (might be the TV safe crop)

I uploaded the testfiles if anyone wants to have a go.
Choose menu->file->download to download the entire rar file (~9mb)