{Suggestion} Transcoding option for non compliant image types

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
lobo85

{Suggestion} Transcoding option for non compliant image types

Post by lobo85 »

Basically it would be nice if there was an option to force specified image file types to be transcoded on the fly to the highest quality image type supported by a given renderer. This would solve the issue of being unable to view PNG, TIFF or any other lossless image file.
erick diangilis

Re: {Suggestion} Transcoding option for non compliant image types

Post by erick diangilis »

well i have some bmp and png images files with large size they work fine in ps4 media player but the only catch is that the supported files have to be size below 30 kb if they're larger than this they don't work. ;)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Do you have the same size limitation for JPEG images ?
Sorry, i don't have any PlayStation for testing it.
If not, you will be fine ;)
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

well i never tested with jpg files because they're usually comes in small sizes due to the compression that comes with it, but the other types like png and bmp works fine even in high resolutions like 4k but the files they can't be above 30k. i think this is going to be good for types of files that don't work for certain machines like the vídeos that don't open unless you use tsmixer or other transconder option. ;)
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

I second this feature. I'd very much like to be able to read manga scans on my TV through my PS4. But none of them work right now. :(