[Suggestion] Auto Log Scrolling

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
Lassik

[Suggestion] Auto Log Scrolling

Post by Lassik »

It's not really a huge request but i'd like to see if the "Log" tab could be updated to automatically scroll to the current buffer line.

EDIT:
Just to be clear... I mean auto-scrolling from the start. It seems that it WILL scroll automatically but only after you have dragged the scroll bar down for the first time. I'm not sure if this is a glitch and can't be changed or this just works that way.
ExSport

Re: Auto Log Scrolling

Post by ExSport »

It just works that way. You must scroll down to enable this feature. It is logical. When you will scroll somewhere in the middle and will try to read some line there and UMS will add new lines at the end, I don't want that UMS will scroll to the bottom so my scrolled part is gone. ;)
Lassik

Post by Lassik »

I think you missed my point. I get what you are saying.

I'm not saying that it shouldn't temporarily stop the scrolling when you want to go back and look at the log. What i'm saying is that when you first view the log, you have to scroll down to get it to start auto scrolling. It's not a huge inconvenience or anything... Just saying.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Because of that I said it is by design. Feature is enabled only after scrolling down. When you will move back, scrolling will be disabled again. Not problem for me 8-)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yeah that would be useful Lassik, thanks :)