New tsMuxer v2.0.8 buggy

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
ExSport

New tsMuxer v2.0.8 buggy

Post by ExSport »

Hi all
During the weekend I tested more deeply new tsMuxeR version where I found it is unusable for UMS rightnow (as SubJunk mentioned):
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1 ... tcount=539
Today I tested it on PanTV where I tried to remux mkv and v2.0.8 generated file which PanTV wasn't able to play (black screen, no time progress when played)
I replaced it with v1.10.6 and PanTV was able to play remuxed file again.
So right now new tsMuxeR version is quite problematic for UMS which by default uses "Add picture timing info" and "Continually insert SPS/PPS". Had no time if also culprit on PanTV was using "Add picture timing info" as spotted with PS3.
Maybe these two options should be disabled by default? I never found the usability for these two options because I never spotted it adds some more compatibility or anything else (better seeking etc...) but problems only :?
What do you think?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: New tsMuxer v2.0.8 buggy

Post by SubJunk »

Does the same happen with 2.0.6b?
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Not sure, I had not more time at home and next visit will not be sooner than in 2-3 weeks? But I will try to prepare 2 test scenarios remotely and ask father/brother to test it...
Anyway did you try sample uploaded to doom9.org about skipping frames/time forward/backward? Unfortunately again, I had no time to test same sample also on PanTV/SamsungTV but made 4 different tests on PS3 and reproduced it all the time...unfortunatelly file plays ok on PC/Android...hopefully Roman will check it and maybe fill spot some garbage there like reordered timestamps of frames, anything.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I just tested your file and confirm that it is buggy with 2.0.6b too. However since most renderers support .ts files natively I don't think it is a big issue for us, at least it doesn't outweigh the other benefits of updating tsMuxeR in my opinion.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I mixed two problems together here.
One is that new tsMuxeR generates ts stream which jumps back and forward continuously for h264 stream generated by FFmpeg/MEncoder (TranscodeVideo = H264TSAC3) and played on HW players (PS3 tested).
Second one that also when I disabled H264TSAC3 usage I wasn't able to remux any of my MKV files (PanTV tested, not sure what behavior was for PS3, if I ever tested it). When I replaced new tsMuxeR with old one, Pan TV was able to play files again.
So I mixed these two problems that I suppose also PanTV received incorrect .ts file which jumped on PS3 but on PanTV was unplayable.
As you said that it should not be problem,I suppose it is problem. I am sure when you are using DTS passthrough, MEncoder or FFmpeg prepares you separate video and audio streams. These streams are not muxed itself by MEncoder/FFmpeg but by tsMuxeR only 8-) It means you don't need to try remux .ts file because majority of renderers support it but anyway UMS will do it for you in some circumstances like it does for remuxed mkv files. In log I still see that for demuxing+transcoding is MEncoder/FFmpeg used and after that muxing is passed to tsMuxeR.
So I suppose it can be big issue for many of us. Or am I wrong?
It is true that I had not much time during the weekend so I tried to test so many things in time pressure so maybe I did some error in my tests, mixed some results, etc. :mrgreen:
Wow, now I remembered the major thing...When I tested H264TSAC3 output, generated .ts file was playable on PS3 without problems but when I tried to also remux it with tsMuxeR it scrambled it for HW player (PS3 tested only). Don't remember the exact reason right now why I tried it to remux it again by tsMuxer but I did it so found a bug? in tsMuxeR and reported it to Roman :) Because same can be done for any file remuxed in UMS by new tsMuxeR version. I don't know if problem is non-standart output of FFMpeg encoder which is visible after tsMuxer remuxing or if it is not reproducable when ffmpeg/MEncoder demux video/audio files only. Had no time to test it more deeply :(
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

physic / Roman wrote:
Re: wrong frame order / timestamps?
Hello again!
I just fixed it. I'll add this fix and several others to the next version.
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1 ... tcount=596
So "jumping" picture+time should be fixed in next version (after v2.1.8)