Avia Developer team

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
DeFlanko

Avia Developer team

Post by DeFlanko »

I might need someone more technical than i assisting them.
Andrew Kaniu <[email protected]>
5:16 AM (2 hours ago)

to Tarun, me
Hi Tarun.

I downloaded the UMS and played a few short videos. I however do not understand how the two configurations are done...(for Avia and Chromecast). Also when playing the videos which are 2:50mins long, none of them went all the way to the end. I got an error message stating "Sorry, it appears that the Chromecast cannot connect with the selected media. For help with networking issues with Chromecast visit us at http://aviatheapp.com/support"

James can help me out on how to do the configurations.

Thank you.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Tarun Chawla <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Andrew,

I would like for you to download and test UMS with avia. please provide any feedback to James as necessary.

Thanks,

Tarun

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Subject: Universal Media Server and Avia.
To: [email protected]

Greetings, I joined this group to announce that Universal Media Server now works with Avia. I would like to get some feed back on it if at all possible.

I my self and a few members of the UMS community have been testing with success.

A few things to understand, ums requited two configuration files to be made... One for a via and one for the Chromecast dongle.

So while testing please make sure those two conf files are enabled.

Secondly, we work issues in github.. If your unfamiliar with githib, we also have a wiki there.

Or hit me up in our forum.

Thanks,

DeFlanko

Http://www.UniversalMediaServer.com

Http://githib.com/UniversalMediaServer

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Avia Beta Testers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Tarun Chawla | Product Engineering Manager
w. 814.235.1111 x381
m. 814.321.1267
e. [email protected]

EMAIL CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This email, including any attachments hereto, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Videon Central, Inc., and/or may include information controlled for export purposes under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and is intended for the recipient only. No export, sale, transfer, release or other disposition of this information is permitted without prior authorization. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents to any other person or entity. 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies, including attachments, from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

James DiBernardo <[email protected]>
7:18 AM (5 minutes ago)

to Andrew
Its pretty simple, everything should already be setup. The UMS application out of the box should be good to go for all needs.

Where its nice is when it comes to specific needs of specific renderers.

UMS will then call Conf files in the renderers folder based on the renderers user-agent.

with Chromecast we use CrKey as that value to identify the dongle, and Android for the Avia app (would be nice to build in your own user agent there devs xD)

The meat and potato's of the whole thing really is media info and customffmpegoptions

Mediainfo uses mediainfo to identify the media to see if it meets those specs listed and streams it if it does... Otherwise it'll use the custom ffmpeg settings to transcoded it on the fly.

The configurations we have in there worked for the four of us and we're scattered though out the world... I love the initiave guys thanks..
Einzeln

Re: Avia Developer team

Post by Einzeln »

Alright, but what exactly is all this? A beta test group for the avia app? Is there a url for a message board or something?
edit: Haha, I realize your post makes a lot more sense when I read it in the right order. So Andrew needs help fixing this error?
DeFlanko

Re: Avia Developer team

Post by DeFlanko »

it was more of a Conversation dump that i had with the Avia team to get a Avia developer Resource if needed.