Subfolder Recurse restrictions

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Subfolder Recurse restrictions

Post by SubJunk »

I can try to help, what is it that you don't understand about it?
DevlshOne

Post by DevlshOne »

My plan was to split the existing FList area into thrids, devote 2/3 to the regular folder list and 1/3 to the non-recursive folder list. I've got quite a bit of work done in message.properties and NavigationShareTab.java, already. I just can't seem to figure out where to expand the layout and then incorporate the new properties. I also thought that I would re-vamp the Navigation Tab while I was in there. I am attaching the work I've already done, including a sketch of what I'd like the new Navigation Tab to look like.
NonRecursive.zip
two files I have already edited
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
NewGUI-Sketch.rar
(235.18 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Server: WHS 2011 - AMD Athlon 2.8GHz {Black Edition} - 4GB PC2-6400 - 7TB
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue IS NOT NULL; Results: 0 rows found
GO DAWGS! SEC East Champions, again!
DevlshOne

Post by DevlshOne »

Oh, and in particular, why do I keep seeing the '.flip' method being used in conjunction with the layout util? My understanding is that its only used for screen rotation orientations.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

With regards to flip, it's used for languages that read right-to-left, like Arabic.

With regards to the code, there's some good stuff there like variable renaming, and then some stuff we won't keep too like formatting changes - I do need to write up a document on how this project's code is formatted.

So to do what you want with the columns I think you could just change the line:

Code: Select all

recursiveFoldersPanelBuilder.add(pane, FormLayoutUtil.flip(cc.xyw(1, 5, 6), colSpec, orientation));
To something like:

Code: Select all

recursiveFoldersPanelBuilder.add(pane, FormLayoutUtil.flip(cc.xyw(1, 5, 4), colSpec, orientation));
Then put your other one on the right.

However I think it would be much better to design it differently; have just one folder list, but put a checkbox next to each entry that is enabled by default, then if the user unticks it then it is non-recursive.
DevlshOne

Post by DevlshOne »

I agree about the single list with tick marks but then we're talking checkboxes inside the textarea and that's truly blowing my mind! LOL! Like I said, if someone can handle the GUI re-design and layout changes, I'll gladly continue to work the logic.