Local Code Changes

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
Executioner

Local Code Changes

Post by Executioner »

In my local code base I've fixed the sort order for all Album related Cache queries and added a couple of extra ones (By Letter and By Year). I've also added a few missing translations for PMS.28 and added one (though they may not be great for some languages since I used Google Translate etc) PMS.29 for By Letter. Would you like these changes integrated into the GitHub repository? If so, how can I do that.
ExSport

Re: Local Code Changes

Post by ExSport »

Post patch file or if you have it already on github you can create pull automatically for the differences.
Any fix or other code optimizations are welcomed.
Executioner

Post by Executioner »

I created a patch file, but that saved in my local directory, what do I do with that now? I've tried using Push to apply the changes, but I get an error:
https://[email protected]/Univers ... Server.git: git-receive-pack not permitted
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

You are not allowed developer for this project (your permissions are read only so you can't write directly to it).
You must create own github project forked from official one (I expect you already have one) and then create pull request from changes you made.
Executioner

Post by Executioner »

ExSport wrote:You must create own github project forked from official one (I expect you already have one) and then create pull request from changes you made.
No, I don't have my own GitHub project, and it sounds like a lot of messing around to commit some changes.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Then you have to create .patch file and post it. Then it is quite easy to apply changes or import it to other branch and create pull from it.
So post changes and I will create pull request for you to see it by developers if it is useful and ok with them.
Executioner

Post by Executioner »

Hi ExSport,

I managed to set up my own fork and push the changes from my local codebase there, and have now created a Pull request for the main UMS master.