New Contributor, Help Requested

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
helio

New Contributor, Help Requested

Post by helio »

Hey All,

I was looking to contribute to PMS, but was tipped off that this was a more active offshoot. I've got several years experience with Java and am looking for an easy issue to start with to start familiarizing myself with the code. I've got all the dependencies installed and the code running locally. If you have any documentation, please point me in that direction!

Thanks!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: New Contributor, Help Requested

Post by SubJunk »

Hi helio, good to see you here :)
Our issue tracker is at http://code.google.com/p/universal-medi ... ssues/list
We also tend to do a lot of work via branches, we have quite a few features in branches that are unfinished, feel free to help us out with them, and if you have any questions feel free to ask
helio

Post by helio »

Thanks! I'll try to start with Issue 15 in the tracker. If you have any advice on where to look for the problem or any insight on it at all, please let me know. Other than that, I'll get my system set up and try to replicate the bug and hunt it down.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Great! I think the solution to that bug will be to add detection for that type of audio and tell UMS to always transcode it. Detection can be added to net\pms\dlna\DLNAMediaInfo.java and additionally stored in DLNAMediaDatabase.java, and then utilised in whatever engine is being used, which you can see when you play the file yourself. Hope that helps!