Compiling UMS on Windows

Developers forum for Univeral Media Server-related development (only for programmers)
Semir

Re: Compiling UMS on Windows

Post by Semir »

Hi Nadahar,

thank you for your response. I'm late with my answer cause gmail dropped the notification into the spam folder :/

This is described in pom.xml as well.
Nadahar wrote:This command is needed to install dependencies which isn't mavenized (not available from any Maven repo) - and until you do it, all attempts to build will fail.
Yes, I gathered that. I just dont get it, the project has wiki site that describes how to compile UMS on Windows + Eclipse + m2e, and then it just wont comile..

Anyways, I wanted to hack into the channels plugin (-> turned out it missed the "follow redirection" feature, + I've added a channel), that I managed without compiling UMS itself.

Thank you!
Bests,
Semir
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Yeah, it seems like *someone* should update the Wiki on that point.
taconaut

Post by taconaut »

@Nadhar, the fix for my auth issue was pretty simple. Upgrading to the latest java 8 JDK (121) fixed it (previously I've been using 91). Might have been an issue with the previously used release..
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@taconaut #1223 will disable HTTPS/SSL verification when downloading external dependencies. As the "trusts" is dependant on the JDK version used, this will only give endless trouble to those attempting to build - and we already verify the checksum for the downloaded file so the "risk" in doing this should be very low. The problem has appeared when Sourceforge started to forward HTTP requests to HTTPS.

I don't think it's right that it will only work with the "latest" JDK.