Justified

For discussing TV series
gottoast

Justified

Post by gottoast » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:36 am

March 16, 2010 – present
A great FX show, it's what I'm hooked on when Son's and Breaking Bad are out of season...and Walking Dead right now. Not quite as violent as any of those 3 shows but still has it's moments, characters are well played they did a great job casting this show now about 4 episodes into it's 4th season.

Its main character is Raylan Givens, a deputy U.S. Marshal. The series is set in the city of Lexington, Kentucky, and the hill country of eastern Kentucky, specifically in and around Harlan. Timothy Olyphant portrays Givens, a tough federal lawman, enforcing his own brand of (at times extralegal) justice in his Kentucky hometown. Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is something of a 19th century–style lawman in modern times, whose unconventional enforcement of justice makes him a target of criminals and his U.S. Marshals Service bosses alike. As a result of his controversial but "justified", quick-draw shooting of a mob hit-man in Miami, Givens is disciplined by being re-assigned from Miami, to Kentucky. The Lexington, Kentucky Marshals office's jurisdiction includes Harlan County (a hopelessly impoverished, backwoods, coal-mining community in southeastern Kentucky)—which Raylan hates, and thought he had escaped for good, in his youth.
,____
||_|__\\__
|(0)___(o)|

SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Justified

Post by SubJunk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:54 am

I tried it since I like the actor but couldn't get into it, not sure why it just didn't capture me

kuroukage

Post by kuroukage » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm

The first season turned out to be pretty good. I haven't been watching since because I've had a lack of interest in most TV shows. Hows the show now? Is it worth catching up on?
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------

gottoast

Post by gottoast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 am

Think I liked Season 2 the best, liked watching Boyd struggle with the fact he's just meant to be a bad guy and the Yin/Yang chemistry he and Raylan develop, Mags Bennett the main villain was great too. Last season was fun to watch, multiple bad guys and character development. This season's been a little slow on the plot development, last weeks episode had almost nothing to do with the main plot and looks like they're developing Raylan & Boyd separately only to eventually meet up and bump heads on the main one in the end.

BTW, Nice signature kuroukage ;)
,____
||_|__\\__
|(0)___(o)|

kuroukage

Post by kuroukage » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am

Yeah, I'll have to give season 2 a go and see if I wanna catch up on it. Season 2 actually sounds pretty good from your description, so I'll take a look at the first few eps of it to see if I'm still into that show. There's still a few shows I'm interested in catching up on actually. Just haven't decided what I'm in the mood to watch yet. :)

BTW sig is different now. Hope you still like it. :P
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------