First, with some comments.

For discussing movies
Raker13

First, with some comments.

Post by Raker13 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:16 pm

First!

Some recent movies I enjoyed.

Sucker Punch. Actually terrible, but I'm drawn like a fly to the light with this one. My friends and I have discussed what we think about this movie for hours. Different view points and interpretations. You'll either love it or hate it. I recommend you don't think too much and just go for the ride. Ok, it's really the actresses that draw me in. There.

W.E. Story of King Edward 3 and Wallis Simpson. Still can't believe he gave up the throne. True story. He gave up being KING of England. For Wallis Simpson. I don't know what magic spell she weaved, but it worked. Good acting and I felt the screen play was pretty good. Two stories intertwined into one movie.

360. Anything with Rachel Weisz is worth my time. Stunning actress. Very euro perspective. Being an American I found the European background wondrous. Again, like W.E. several stories swirling around and somewhat finishing together.

Thanks for the new forum subjunk, and thanks for all the work you put in UMS for us.

Raker13

Re: First, with some comments.

Post by Raker13 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:14 am

Worst movies seen in awhile...

Wanderlust. Horrible, so bad, I'm to the point that if I watch another movie with Paul Rudd in it, I will have pain pills and the remote ready to go. His schtick had gotten so old now. Jennifer Aniston is OK, I kind of felt sorry for her. This was worse then the last few Sandler movies. (OK a tie).

The Raven. Poor poor John Cusack. What happened? He used to be able to act. His performance was particularly bad. Not just bad, again, horrible. He overacted every single scene. The rest of the cast was pretty good. Their performances were credible and somewhat believable. The screenplay was weak and trying not to be too critical, so was John Cusacks voice. There is now a mouse like quality to it. Very strange. I found this contrived and predictable. Poor poor John Cusack. Your stock will dive after this mess.

ericaclayton123

Post by ericaclayton123 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Most of the movies are Well began but their climax is not up to the expected level.

anajames

Post by anajames » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Most of the movies i watched in the past couple of weeks were good, but i would not say extraordinary. Good entertainers but not retainers.