Version 7.0.0-rc2 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 7.0.0-rc2 released

Post by SubJunk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:35 pm

General:

The 7.0.0 version adds new features to dynamically sort your media, most notably there are new "TV Shows" and "Movies" folders that are populated automatically with content from your shared folders.

Your feedback on this release candidate will be valuable, so let us know how it is working for you!

Note: This is a release candidate, which means the feature list is complete and it should be stable. It is likely to be the last non-final release of 7.0.0.
Note: It is recommended you take a backup of your profile directory before installing this, as the DATABASE CHANGES ARE NOT REVERSIBLE. The location of your profile directory are near the top of the "Logs" tab in the program.

Download:

Windows
Linux
macOS

Changes since 7.0.0-rc1:
  • General:
    • Added "Watched" folders to the Media Library, to mirror "Unwatched" functionality
    • Fixed crashing when shared folders don't exist, aren't folders, or access is denied
    • Fixed broken Media Library entries
    • New Media folder is hidden by default (the same functionality exists in Media Library)
    • All changes in 6.7.3, 6.7.4 and 6.8.0
  • Dependencies:
    • Updated h2database to 1.4.196

erick diangilis

Re: Version 7.0.0-rc2 released

Post by erick diangilis » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 am

hi subjunk ive tested this release its working fine on the regular ps4 but i didn't like the way my laptop behave like it did with the 6.7.8 it worked much less stable and i could hear the cooler over accelerating and the memory usage on the ums bar during a playback was too unstable as well i compared with the other one my laptop behaved much more silenced using less memory for the same vídeos. for safety reasons i found much more seccure to stay with the 6.7.8 and keep it until 7 is working the same way.

thanks again for both releases and i hope this report help in someway. happy new year. ;)

Bubblebond

Re: Version 7.0.0-rc2 released

Post by Bubblebond » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Hello,

This new version work well with the PS4 pro with 4K , but only Cpu is used , the GPU is not used, even if the option is activated. I have tried with several files .