Version 1.0.1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
glebb
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by glebb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:33 am

There were some errors when building with OSX. I made some fixes, see:
https://code.google.com/r/anttiniiles-u ... 54365aa738

I also generated the icon from logo.png for the .dmg package and removed the old PMS icon.

Now it compiles using mvn package at least on my computer. Hope it helps.

BTW. I have no idea how to work with google code git, normally (in github) I would've made a pull request, but I hope you are able to see the changes :)

glebb
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by glebb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 am

Besides the icon problem, there was also some error regarding path to libmediainfo.dylib, that's also fixed.

shelftalker
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 am

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by shelftalker » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:47 am

glebb wrote:There were some errors when building with OSX.
I moved that files manually :) So my compilation is fully work on my iMac with Mac OS X 10.7. I do not pretend to anything, I just wanted to help someone, who like UMS, but uses Mac.

glebb
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by glebb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:09 am

shelftalker wrote:
I moved that files manually :) So my compilation is fully work on my iMac with Mac OS X 10.7. I do not pretend to anything, I just wanted to help someone, who like UMS, but uses Mac.
You did exactly the right thing, I just fixed the build script so there's no need to manually copy / change files. :)

Btw, I created another patch, it seems my original fix caused libmediainfo.dylib not be found when running from eclipse, so I changed copying the file back to where it originally was. Now it should work whether run from eclipse when creating the .dmg. Here:

http://code.google.com/r/anttiniiles-um ... 74f09f7996

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by SubJunk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 pm

shelftalker wrote:Ok, I finished with GUI and make 100% normal build from git repository from command line. I don't change any code, only converted icon from .ico to .icns so Mac can show it. You can use it AS IS or don't use it at all.
It's a download link to dmg http://clck.ru/d/wCmazp5i1AoM0
Cool! :) The file says version 1.1.0, but the last release was 1.0.1, which is it?
glebb wrote:There were some errors when building with OSX. I made some fixes, see:
https://code.google.com/r/anttiniiles-u ... 54365aa738

I also generated the icon from logo.png for the .dmg package and removed the old PMS icon.

Now it compiles using mvn package at least on my computer. Hope it helps.
Great, thanks a lot. I've committed your changes.
glebb wrote:BTW. I have no idea how to work with google code git, normally (in github) I would've made a pull request, but I hope you are able to see the changes :)
Yeah I'm not too sure about it, either. I like GitHub but it doesn't allow much space so it means the binaries have to be hosted separately which I don't want to do. But then GitHub is better in other ways so I'm torn.
shelftalker wrote:I moved that files manually :) So my compilation is fully work on my iMac with Mac OS X 10.7. I do not pretend to anything, I just wanted to help someone, who like UMS, but uses Mac.
It's very appreciated :)
glebb wrote:You did exactly the right thing, I just fixed the build script so there's no need to manually copy / change files. :)

Btw, I created another patch, it seems my original fix caused libmediainfo.dylib not be found when running from eclipse, so I changed copying the file back to where it originally was. Now it should work whether run from eclipse when creating the .dmg. Here:

http://code.google.com/r/anttiniiles-um ... 74f09f7996
I've applied this patch to the trunk as well. Hopefully one of you can either compile 1.0.1 or the next release when it's ready, or both ;)

shelftalker
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 am

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by shelftalker » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:07 pm

SubJunk wrote:
shelftalker wrote:Ok, I finished with GUI and make 100% normal build from git repository from command line. I don't change any code, only converted icon from .ico to .icns so Mac can show it. You can use it AS IS or don't use it at all.
It's a download link to dmg http://clck.ru/d/wCmazp5i1AoM0
Cool! :) The file says version 1.1.0, but the last release was 1.0.1, which is it?
I know! ))) I don't touch anything. I thought you change version in sources so it 1.1.0beta or something like that.

Slackerish
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by Slackerish » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:13 am

Looks good. Will be trying it out over the next week.

One thing I noticed, I still had PMS_PROFILE set in the environment settings pointing to where the PMS config file was. When using the UMS GUI, it would use PMS_PROFILE path; when using it as a Windows service, it would default to the normal path (C:\USERS\ALL USERS\UMS). Using PMS 1.52.1 and the UMS 1.0.1 before I completely make the switch over on Win 7 x64.

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 1.0.1 is released

Post by SubJunk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Slackerish wrote:Looks good. Will be trying it out over the next week.

One thing I noticed, I still had PMS_PROFILE set in the environment settings pointing to where the PMS config file was. When using the UMS GUI, it would use PMS_PROFILE path; when using it as a Windows service, it would default to the normal path (C:\USERS\ALL USERS\UMS). Using PMS 1.52.1 and the UMS 1.0.1 before I completely make the switch over on Win 7 x64.
Thanks for the feedback, Slackerish. The upcoming 1.1 release switches to using UMS_PROFILE instead :)

Post Reply