Version 3.0.0-b1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
r0nin

Re: Version 3.0.0-b1 is released

Post by r0nin »

Working great for me, even corrected AR on some problem files. Note I had to del UMS folder and those in ProgramData but smooth sailing!
Thanks SubJunk and others!
mopp

Post by mopp »

The ffmpeg version included in the package causes a "Segmentation fault" on my system.

By the way you might want to include a systemd service file to start UMS as a service.
It is basically the file I found here http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/vie ... =3&t=12904

Save the file below as /etc/systemd/system/ums.service.
Change the User and the directory to your environment.
ums.service:

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description=Universal Media Server
After=syslog.target network.target rpcbind.service

[Service]
User=ums
Group=users
ExecStart=/opt/ums/UMS.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Code: Select all

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl start ums
systemctl enable ums
Hinker

Post by Hinker »

Hi

When I'm viewing mkv files on my PS3 the full length is not shown in info (00:00:00). This makes it impossible to jump to a specific point in the file since it's out of bonds.

-Hinker
phrozenstare

Post by phrozenstare »

hey everyone. i just upgraded to this beta from the latest 2.0 version and have had no problems so far. even after doing the clean install i had no problems and even fixed some issues i have been having lately
D-Kalck

Post by D-Kalck »

SubJunk wrote:
AuthenticM wrote:Seems to work fine, except for the part where it can't display the video length.
Feel free to open a thread for that, since video length works for me :)
Hinker wrote:When I'm viewing mkv files on my PS3 the full length is not shown in info (00:00:00). This makes it impossible to jump to a specific point in the file since it's out of bonds.
I have the same problem on a PS3 since alpha3.
I opened a thread here.
Casper

Post by Casper »

I've just started trying the resume video feature (on youtube web streams) and it seems to be working flawlessly. This is amazing.
mark_uk98

Post by mark_uk98 »

Recently Played.

The recently Played folder is an amazing addition and one I will hopefully use a lot in the furure however the only draw back I can see which will limit its use is when it comes to TV series where you are on an episode and want to play the next epsisode.

It would be great to be able to play next item in the origional folder or just to open folder containing that episode.

It would also be good if that folder was limited to the last 5 titles say, maybe a setting that can be changed.

PS thanks for an amazing server!
b0ris

Post by b0ris »

Version 3.0.0-b1 does not find my PS3, 2.6.5 does (Windows 7 x64).
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

Hinker wrote:When I'm viewing mkv files on my PS3 the full length is not shown in info (00:00:00). This makes it impossible to jump to a specific point in the file since it's out of bonds.
I have also the same problem - uploaded log files here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1113&p=7685#p7685
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Hmm, I'm on 3.0b1, and it finds my PS3 just fine and I have the full length shown on mkvs, and I've been able to jump around.