Version 7.0.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Madoka

Re: Version 7.0.0 released

Post by Madoka »

Hmm, it's working fine for me.

I have a "Show Transcode Folder" checkbox. When I uncheck it, it sets show_transcode_folder = false which is correct.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi guys, thanks for all these reports coming in. We were careful with this release and did lots of alpha/beta/RC releases, but with something as major as this there are always bugs and we appreciate you reporting them :)

We updated some settings from "hide" to "show" in this release and didn't change them in UMS.conf, so while they should be working properly in the GUI they won't when manually editing that config. The problem has been fixed and will be released in 7.0.1 soon. In the meantime you can grab the fixed config from here: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... s/UMS.conf

We are also working on speed and memory use issues people are reporting, and have already fixed/improved some.
pipin

Post by pipin »

Great work guys. UMS is by far the best freeware out there. :D
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

thanks good to know i noticed that memory bug here too but i've found a 7.01 snapshot in one of those fóruns i'm going to use it until the final release stable comes out.
RaveDave001

Post by RaveDave001 »

Thank you to the developers who are going to try and make it compatible with Windows XP.
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Anyone else having issues with the "Fully played action" not hiding files that are fully played? It was working fine in previous releases but now it won't hide files.
Ian54

Post by Ian54 »

I am having trouble with the latest version. It scans and about half way through the scanning it jams. The page even freezes. If anyone has a way around this some help would be appreciated. I've never had this issue before.
speckledegg

Post by speckledegg »

I'm having the same issue with 'marked' files not being marked, or not staying marked.
Supermanfan77 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 am Anyone else having issues with the "Fully played action" not hiding files that are fully played? It was working fine in previous releases but now it won't hide files.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hey guys,
The played status bug has been fixed and Windows users can grab the fixed version at http://www.universalmediaserver.com/upl ... 01b94f.exe
The scanning bug is being worked on too. It has existed since UMS v5 but it is now affecting more people since we added the initial scan in v7 (before it was just a button)