Version 7.3.1 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
jaapie18

Re: Version 7.3.1 released

Post by jaapie18 »

SubJunk wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:00 pm That should be working
Do you mean real dts? I mean there was a problem right with dts on ps4 when you use ums?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

SubJunk wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:00 pm That should be working
I'm not aware of a problem, I'd be happy to look into it if you try it and post logs
wurstpistole

Post by wurstpistole »

Reporting back on the folder-deletion thing,
I can delete folders with subfolders in them. But only if said subfolder is empty or does not contain a file that UMS plays. If there is an indexeable video file in it, then it's protected again.
To elaborate:

If I have folder1 containing videofile.avi, I can delete folder1 fine
If I have folder1 that contains a sub-folder with a videofile.avi in it, I can delete the sub-folder itself, but I can not delete folder1 while the sub-folder is in it

Also posted this in the original thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12664
JDN165

Post by JDN165 »

I hate to spoil the party, but after using version 7.3.1 for several day’s I must conclude, unfortunately, that for me this is not the stable version I hoped it would be.
In fact, I experience the same issue as I reported earlier in this 7.0.0 topic: http://universalmediaserver.com/forum/v ... 407#p36055

Once installed, version 7.3.1 runs without problem for 3 – 4 days (it varies) and then suddenly it won’t start up anymore. A reboot of the pc doesn’t help, no UMS splash screen comes up anymore and also a manual start doesn’t launch the program. In Windows Task Manager no UMS.exe is shown. Only thing that helps is uninstalling the compete program (+ removing all UMS folders) and perform a clean reinstall. After I’ve done this, UMS will run again but will stop working after 3 – 4 days once more. I reinstalled 7.3.1 several times, but it’s always a matter of a few days before the program stops permanently.

Some details: UMS is installed on a Windows 10 pc and starts up minimized with Windows (not as a service). I daily play music (flac) files on my media player, that streams from UMS. Every night the pc where UMS is running is shut down and started up the next day. So, when this pc is powered up the third or fourth time, UMS refuses to launch anymore and only a complete reinstall solves it. Because UMS won’t start up, I’m also not able to view the logs.

This issue has been introduced in version 7.0.0. For me, version 6.8.0 is the last stable version. This version never stops working, so for now I went back to 6.8.0.

If I can be of any help please let me know.
boss

Post by boss »

Even if UMS does not start, you can still find the log files and view them. Just not through UMS.

Perhaps check if it is a UMS database problem. Next time it won't start, delete the entire "database" folder in UMS and try and restart it then.
If UMS does restart, it will rebuild the database.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

JDN165 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 pm I hate to spoil the party, but after using version 7.3.1 for several day’s I must conclude, unfortunately, that for me this is not the stable version I hoped it would be.
In fact, I experience the same issue as I reported earlier in this 7.0.0 topic: http://universalmediaserver.com/forum/v ... 407#p36055

Once installed, version 7.3.1 runs without problem for 3 – 4 days (it varies) and then suddenly it won’t start up anymore. A reboot of the pc doesn’t help, no UMS splash screen comes up anymore and also a manual start doesn’t launch the program. In Windows Task Manager no UMS.exe is shown. Only thing that helps is uninstalling the compete program (+ removing all UMS folders) and perform a clean reinstall. After I’ve done this, UMS will run again but will stop working after 3 – 4 days once more. I reinstalled 7.3.1 several times, but it’s always a matter of a few days before the program stops permanently.

Some details: UMS is installed on a Windows 10 pc and starts up minimized with Windows (not as a service). I daily play music (flac) files on my media player, that streams from UMS. Every night the pc where UMS is running is shut down and started up the next day. So, when this pc is powered up the third or fourth time, UMS refuses to launch anymore and only a complete reinstall solves it. Because UMS won’t start up, I’m also not able to view the logs.

This issue has been introduced in version 7.0.0. For me, version 6.8.0 is the last stable version. This version never stops working, so for now I went back to 6.8.0.

If I can be of any help please let me know.
Thanks for letting us know about this bug. It is very strange that a reinstall would be needed. Please post logs in our support section, the logs can be found usually in C:\ProgramData\UMS\debug.log
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

GG76 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:47 pm Hello I'm french and I speak very bad English. I use Ums 7.3.1 on several PCs to play my movies and music on my Samsung QE65Q7F. I can not read WAV files. PS media server works well with WAV but UMS does not recognize it. Can you help me ? Thank you GG76
It would be useful to have logs for both PMS and UMS so we can compare and fix this for you