Version 3.3.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
sapsa

Re: Version 3.3.0 is released

Post by sapsa »

changing "/" to "\\" in virtualfolders.conf ends with

Code: Select all

WARN  2013-12-11 18:56:16.012 [New I/O worker #4] Can't read directory: /home/sapsa/ums-3.3.0/\mnt\sdb1\movies
server: C2D [email protected] 3GB RAM
network: wired 1000MB/s
render: LG 55LM620S, Samsung LE40C650, PS3
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

yetiboy wrote:
SubJunk wrote:
phrozenstare wrote:thanks for the update.

one thing though with all these frequent updates lately any chance bringing back the update feature within UMS
It's working for me, is there a bug we don't know about?
Option to both check for update and check automatically for updates is greyed out for me (Mac version).

yeti
Automatic updating is only supported on Windows for now, sorry
sapsa wrote:
SubJunk wrote:Hi sapsa. The note in UMS.conf explains what went wrong:
# Note: Backslashes must be doubled. For example, if you have a folder named
# SubFolder inside ParentFolder, write it like ParentFolder\\SubFolder
Ain't backslash \ use in winOS ?
weren't slashs / use on Linux ?

If for both I should use \\ then ok.

But why then when using only virtualfodlers.conf I end up with "/" ? Should i use double backslash in virtualfolders.conf too ?
I'm not sure how it works on OS X or Linux. If you start a new thread for it in the help forum I will try to fix it
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

After using 3.3.0 for a bit now, it's one of the best versions for me so far. So good in fact, I'm over not getting a UMS π Version.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Had to create an account only to come say this latest UMS seems to FINALLY to decode about anything on our Panasonic VT50.

A few months ago I decided to start looking for a DLNA server so I tried a few and UMS was in the list. I was happy to find out UMS recognized our Panasonic TV, I thought that if there is a profile then it must know all what the TV can handle. Unfortunatly, UMS worked only for some files. Being no expert I came read on the forums as I could not figure out why I was only able to watch a few file while on the computer they were all working. I played with settings a bit. Then I looked at some alternative.

I think I watched only 2-3 things in a few months as it was not a priority and then I saw this new release saying decoding was improverd on Panasonic TVs. I quickly tested it and it looks like I can read a lot more content. I can't say yet it's 100% but it's much better than before.

Congrats on this. I knew at some point something would have to happen with Panasonic because their Plasma are very popular due to their excellent picture quality.

Cheers!