Version 3.6.2 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Mystif

Re: Version 3.6.2 is released

Post by Mystif »

I am experiencing issues with 3.6.2 - until now UMS has been flawless for me.

UMS is installed on a win7 Pro based PC. The receiving devices are both Samsung model BD-D6500. Both receivers exhibit the same issue.

Whenever I power on one of these units it seems I must use "Restart Server" in UMS before I can see it, or wait a very long time. Frequently I get the message "Media Disconnected" while watching a program. If I leave the player at the "My Devices" screen I can watch as the UMS disconnects and (sometimes) reconnects.

UMS 3.6.2 is useless to me.

Any ideas as to what is causing this issue? Is there something I can try, or should I simply revert to 3.6.1?

UPDATE: Installed 4.0.0- 1a -- problem solved.

Keep up the great work!
Last edited by Mystif on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Mystif wrote:I am experiencing issues with 3.6.2 - until now UMS has been flawless for me.

UMS is installed on a win7 Pro based PC. The receiving devices are both Samsung model BD-D6500. Both receivers exhibit the same issue.

Whenever I power on one of these units it seems I must use "Restart Server" in UMS before I can see it, or wait a very long time. Frequently I get the message "Media Disconnected" while watching a program. If I leave the player at the "My Devices" screen I can watch as the UMS disconnects and (sometimes) reconnects.

Any ideas as to what is causing this issue? Is there something I can try, or should I simply revert to 3.6.1?
UMS doesn't reconnect/disconnect it is most likely your render doing this. The reason for your on/off of UMS is most likely that there are some dropped packets in the discovery/startup phase. Have you changed any thing in your setup?
And as always logs logs logs:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Mystif

Post by Mystif »

SharkHunter wrote:
Mystif wrote:I am experiencing issues with 3.6.2 - until now UMS has been flawless for me.

UMS doesn't reconnect/disconnect it is most likely your render doing this. The reason for your on/off of UMS is most likely that there are some dropped packets in the discovery/startup phase. Have you changed any thing in your setup?
And as always logs logs logs:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556

I cannot explain it, I changed not one single thing beyond updating to 4.0.0-1a and the problem is resolved. Whatever the reason, it started and ended with 3.6.2. The machine is a file server, there is little beyond UMS and VLC on it.