UMS in CHIP magazine

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

UMS in CHIP magazine

Post by SubJunk »

UMS is being included in the upcoming August edition of CHIP magazine, which is Germany's most popular monthly PC magazine!

They are including UMS on the DVD that comes with the magazine, as well as giving us a short writeup in the magazine itself and on their website. Here's their UMS page and here's us on their Freeware of the Month page.
They were also kind enough to send us a copy of the magazine and we've scanned the cover and the page that UMS is on:

This is huge validation for our team as we work hard to bring you this program, so congrats to all of my fellow UMS team members on our achievement!

If you don't speak German and are wondering what the article says in English, it's roughly this:
Whether you use a laptop, PS3 or tablet, with Universal Media Server (UMS for short) you can transform your device into a multimedia hub. The tool supports the two standards DLNA and UPnP, so most devices automatically recognize the shared media and play. This applies to pictures, music and videos.

Tip: If there are any necessary components missing, they will be downloaded and installed from the Internet automatically.
Thanks a lot to Karsten Bunz and the team at CHIP! :)
DeFlanko

Re: UMS in CHIP magazine

Post by DeFlanko »

Wow that IS huge. Good job guys!
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

This is totally awesome! Congratulations Guys!! Those of us here have always known that this programs rocks!
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Nice work, great work and i'm sure all the developers would enjoy a few beers on us if we all ever get together someday!!!
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

DeFlanko wrote:Wow that IS huge. Good job guys!
Good job you too :)
Optimus_prime wrote:Nice work, great work and i'm sure all the developers would enjoy a few beers on us if we all ever get together someday!!!
You deserve the beers too mate :)
Madoka wrote:This is totally awesome! Congratulations Guys!! Those of us here have always known that this programs rocks!
Thanks a lot for your support, Madoka :)
Kreeker

Post by Kreeker »

Amazing job guys.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Nice one, congrats to the dev team!
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
Tianuchka

Post by Tianuchka »

Nice! Cool! Awesome!
Please, take my sincere congratulation!!!
Tiago Costa

Post by Tiago Costa »

Great achievement! I'm very happy to see such a good project being recognized by it's great features. I'm proud to have contributed to put some bytes of code (little compared to the whole code, of project) in it.
Phonism

Post by Phonism »

I'm glad you guys get recognized like this, this software is simply awesome and not a day goes by without using it! Again, thank you for all your work and effort!

UMS 5.3.0 - Java 8 update 60 - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7-3770 - 8GB RAM
PS3 Slim 120GB
PS4