Version 4.0.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Kefran

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by Kefran »

Hi guys, any chance of an OSX Java7 version soon?
farkasn

Post by farkasn »

Wow, Chromecast support :)
I can't wait to test it out. Very good work.
DualC

Post by DualC »

Thx for the new realese, .. is it only me or is it some problem to do the "Install/Update" thing whan u have installed the Channel Plugin.

I run it as Adminstrator .. but nothing happens, .. no channels are installing.

/M
Phonism

Post by Phonism »

You guys are awesome! Thank you for continuing giving us the best media server, and now it just got better! You guys are the best!

UMS 5.3.0 - Java 8 update 60 - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7-3770 - 8GB RAM
PS3 Slim 120GB
PS4
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

@subjunk : UMS should focus on java 8 only ! everyone can upgrade, as it is free ! ditch 6 & 7 ! Evolution baby ;)
DualC

Post by DualC »

One other thing i also saw was that it has been improvment to some renderers, like mine WDTV Live for example.

But i cant still play the streams i have...

But If i put "#TranscodeAudio=WAV" in WDTVLive.conf file, it works.

Maybe something to look up?
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

A 4.0.1 java 7 version is up for OS-X Kefran :)
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

nenito2k wrote:@subjunk : UMS should focus on java 8 only ! everyone can upgrade, as it is free ! ditch 6 & 7 ! Evolution baby ;)
Evolution my ass...
Java 8 and it derivatives is not compatible with Windows XP, older OSX versions and will not work properly with Linux versions with an older kernal. It also has flaws for anyone running 32bit browsers such as firefox. SO no not "everyone" can upgrade or would want to. Unless you want us all to use that 64bit crap called internet explorer or am demanding people with certain Linux server software (which has ran on an older kernal reliably for years) all just clear off and every mac owner should pay to upgrade their OSX to the latest version and turn it into an iphone lookalike.

Most ridiculous post ever! Suggesting a good 3rd of the worlds OS's probably more should all just be excluded because you are likely using windows 8 pretty tiles (You are the minority still) doesnt mean the rest of the planet wants to.

Thankfully i like to think the developers check stuff like that first rather than just listen to it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

domain wrote:Great! But no 3D subtitles?
3D subtitles will work if you prepare them :) We have automatic 3D subtitle conversion on the way too
farkasn wrote:Wow, Chromecast support :)
I can't wait to test it out. Very good work.
Hope you like it :)
DualC wrote:Thx for the new realese, .. is it only me or is it some problem to do the "Install/Update" thing whan u have installed the Channel Plugin.

I run it as Adminstrator .. but nothing happens, .. no channels are installing.

/M
Works for me
Phonism wrote:You guys are awesome! Thank you for continuing giving us the best media server, and now it just got better! You guys are the best!
Thanks Phonism! :)
nenito2k wrote:@subjunk : UMS should focus on java 8 only ! everyone can upgrade, as it is free ! ditch 6 & 7 ! Evolution baby ;)
I wish :p If only the adoption rate of Java was faster. Anyway it's not much extra work to just release different versions. The changes between Java 6 and Java 8 in terms of the programming language have been minor.
DualC wrote:One other thing i also saw was that it has been improvment to some renderers, like mine WDTV Live for example.

But i cant still play the streams i have...

But If i put "#TranscodeAudio=WAV" in WDTVLive.conf file, it works.

Maybe something to look up?
OK great, we will give that a try :)